Chapter 39

A Baby Mockingjay 39

Chapter 39

•Day of the games•

"Everyone up!" Effie pipes. Waking Peeta and I up. I was confused till I remembered today is the day of the games. Peeta helps me to my feet and we walk to the dinning room. I'm not hungry though.

"Katniss you have to eat something." Peeta says. I take a grape and pop it in my mouth.

"There." I say. He chuckles and hands me a slice if toast. I give him a look before taking it from him. I take a bite and taste the warm creamy butter that is spread throughout the slice. It was delicious. But going into the games and being used to having the food I need will e different, but I know how to hunt, and I have to get back to Willow, Peeta and I both.

I finish eating and go with Dayo to get dressed for the games. He gives me a dark grey t-shirt with the number 12 on the sleeve and a black coat that will hold in hear well. I am also get long black pants that will also hold in heat. He puts my hair in a braid and we walk out to the roof. I see Peeta not to far away. I walk over and hug him, I feel like I'm gonna cry.

"Everything will be fine. Don't go into the cornucopia. Go and hide and I will come find you." He says. I look up at him and nod. I walk to the ladder that will pull me up to the hover craft and hold on. I am frozen and pulled up to the craft.