Chapter 60

A Baby Mockingjay 60

Chapter 60

I stand up, walking to Peeta's side as Cypress' cannon sounds. I bury my face in Peeta's chest and cry. Cypress was gone, I couldn't change that, I wasn't able to save her, I should have seen the sword.

"It'll be okay." Peeta tells me.

"I should have seen the sword." I sob. I reach into my pocket and pull out the necklace Cypress had given me.

"What's that?" Peeta asks.

"Cypress, she gave it to me." I tell him before grasping hold of my stomach in pain, I let out a shriek of pain, but Peeta slaps his hand over my mouth and supports me so I don't curl up in pain. The forest is completely silent, there's no sound, I swear if Peeta and I make a sound mutts will jump out of no where and attack us. I quietly load my bow protectively.

"Katniss, get back to the cave." Peeta whispers to me. He was holding up his sword.

"I'm not leaving." I tell him. I can tell he wants me to get out of here, he wants to protect me and the baby inside me.

"Katniss please, I'll be right behind you." He tells me. I frown and shake my head no.

"Katniss, go, now. I'll be right there." He repeats.

"Peeta, I'm not leaving!" I protest.

"Katniss get out of here, now!" Peeta growls, his tone slightly scares me. I nod my head and try and run. I trip and fall on my face I groan as my bow stabs me in the side. I use a tree to get to my feet and get to my feet. I make into the river and fall to the ground by the bank of it, my toes dipping into it. I let out a breath, I feel like I'm dying, I probably am, right here and now, I just lay by the bank in pain as the world goes black.