Chapter 81

A Baby Mockingjay 81

Chapter 81

Peeta looks at me with disbelief he swallows and nods.

"That won't happen. One of our children is already in the games, she'll be scared for life, I'm gonna get you out before any of that can happen." He says before kissing me. I smile trying to hide my pain that I suspect comes from the quickly developing child inside me. I lay down and stare at the dirt wall. I feel in so much pain.

I crawl slowly around The sleeping Willow and over to Peeta who was staring a wall. When I drop, laying my head on his lap it snaps him away from the wall to look at me and my pain filled body. He smiles and strokes my hair I had let out of its braid.

"Are you feeling okay?" Peeta says softly, his voice soothing. I shake my head no, I had searing pain in my arms and legs from trying it get over to him, now I don't want to move. I want to stay here and fall asleep in the warm sun that shows through the small entrance.

"Take a nap, it'll be fine." He tells me as he moves to lay down behind me, wrapping his arms around me, his hands locking around my swollen belly. This makes me smile, like actually smile that I am able to be with him. I move my hand and set it on his. I feel him breath on my neck, sending shivers down my spine. I begin to doze into sleep before hearing, "Love you, Katniss"