Chapter 82

A Baby Mockingjay 82

Chapter 82

•Peeta's POV•

As days pass, Katniss continues to get worse. More weak, more sick, she barley able to move without breaking into sobs. Willow has begged to go outside the root cave but I don't want her to get hurt. I re-braid Willows hair. I had watched Katniss do it and learned. Now she can barley move, she lays in a corner, doubled over clutching her stomach. She had been in pain and now looked four and a half months pregnant. The arena was doing this to her. Making the child develop faster. Willow has been sent many parachutes. Some with food, others with toys to entertain her, but for Katniss, nothing. I know that all this pain isn't just from the child. There's something that is doing this to her. Infection. Allergic reaction. Disease. As Willow plays with a doll she was sent, I crawl over to Katniss.

"How are you doing?" I ask. She lets out a groan. That's all I've heard for the past three days. She won't speak. If she doesn't get medicine, I'll lose her. I can't let that happen.

"Mommy." Willow calls but she doesn't reply. I let out a breath as Willow crawls over to me. I pull her into a hug and kiss her forehead.

"Is mommy alright?" Willow asks.

"I hope." I whisper.