Chapter 70

A Baby Mockingjay 70

Chapter 70
•Peeta's POV•

I turn and see Katniss, a mad devilish look on her. Like in the Rebellion. Her bow was loaded and pointed towards the ground, but I know she can quickly raise it and kill someone. I catch Alana looking at Katniss' swollen belly with wide eyes.

"Katniss get out of here." I command.

"Why does she have to leave?" Alana laughs, I know she's going to try and hurt Katniss now that she knows she's pregnant.

"Seems as if she is hiding something." Bolt smirks, he was also had been looking at her belly. Katniss slowly begins to back up, drawing her bow back all the way so all she has to do is lift it, find the target, and release. I look to the careers, but Katniss' scream pulls me back. Soya the boy from District 11 had been tying to hit her with a sword that he was obviously unexperienced with. She slides to the ground, avoiding her neck being cut off by Soya. She leans back and shoots him in the chest. He falls and his cannon sounds.

"Let the feast begin." Slate hisses. I know they're gonna be after Katniss, she's the only tribute that is pregnant, and as she said, it'll make her a bigger target.

I quickly run to her side and get Katniss to her feet. She hands me the sword and then quickly loads her bow.

I don't see anyone after us.

"DUCK!" Katniss yells. We both fly to the ground, avoiding the spear Alana throws at us.

"Get out of here, find a tree and hide there till its safe." I tell her, our backs up against each others.

"No." She protests.

"Katniss, please, I can't let anything happen to you." I tell her.

"Peeta, I'm not leaving, I've done this twice before, it's no difference, I'm just pregnant this time." Katniss shoots back. I groan as she shoots a District 5 boy who was running at us with a hatchet. Okay then Katniss, stay.

Cannons go off left and right. I grab some food from the table before taking hold of Katniss' hand and running from the cornucopia. We run and find a place where we can camp, Katniss helps me up a tree so we don't be seen. In the sky, almost everyone was gone except for Merona and other careers. Merona reminded me of Foxface, sneaky. There was only 7 people left including Katniss and I. I notice Katniss had fallen asleep and had tied us not safely in the tree. I smile and kiss her cheek before I doze into sleep next to her.