Chapter 96

A Baby Mockingjay 96

To anyone I may have snapped at in the comments, I apologize. Around that time I was going through some stuff and thought I really needed to defend myself. I'm sorry.

Chapter 96

I wake up in a white room laying on a hospital bed. A heart monitor was hooked to me.

"Peeta?" I call, my voice horse, but I get no response. I force myself to sit up, pain surges through my body. I look at my belly. It looked as if I was 6 months. But it would regulate from there now that I'm out of the arena. Wait! I'm out! Where's my family. I jump out of bed a an alarm goes off.

"Peeta! Willow!" I exclaim as I run around.

"Katniss calm down!" Someone says griping my shoulders but I don't see who it is before I drop to the ground in sobs.

"Where are they?" I sob, my face in my hands.

"Katniss look at me." The voice says, I look up to see the friendly face.

"Where are they, Dayo? Where's my family?" I ask.

"The doctors are working with your daughter. Peeta's asleep." He tells me.

"What's wrong with Willow?" I ask, scared of what could have happened to her.

"Slate, he cut her stomach, Ermin saved both her and Peeta." Dayo explains.

"Is Ermin here?" I ask. Dayo nods. "Everyone is." That means Slate is here. This fills me with rage. I stand up and try to find him. He hurt my daughter. When I find Slate, he's wandering around confused of where he is. I charge at him, pushing him up against the wall, jabbing my arm in his throat.

"How dare you hurt my daughter!" I yell in his face.

"Katni-" he doesn't even get to finish my name before I yell again. "How dare you!" I yell.

"Katniss!" Someone yells but it wasn't Slate. Someone grabs my shoulder and pushes me to the ground.

"Sweetheart you and this boy are going to have to get along if you want to live through this!" Haymitch yells at both of us. Live through what?

"Haymitch! Someone who will answer my questions! What is going on!" I exclaim.

"We got you guys out of the arena, were taking you guys to District zero."