Chapter 105

A Baby Mockingjay 105

Chapter 105

•Peeta's POV•

After Finnick's words, Katniss begins to stir, almost to wake up.

"Shh..." I coo trying to get her to stay asleep.

"Peeta?" She says sleepily as she opens her eyes. Finnick had already ran off with a trident.

"I'm right here." I tell her softly.

"What's going on?" She asks.

"Nothing, just go back to sleep." I tell her but she shakes her head. Her parents run into the room and slam the door shut making Katniss shoot up from where she was laying and look at them.

"Katniss lay down." Her father commands, she does as told and nestles close to me but then quickly sits up again.

"Where's Willow!" She exclaims.

"I'll get her, you guys go." Katniss' father tells us. She nods and slowly lays back down next to me. She was scared, I can't blame her. Her mom begins to wheel the bed she stops at the end of the room and moves a table, lifting a panel that leads to a little ramp. She pushes us down it then turns on a light for us.

"Stay here." She commands before walking back up the ramp. She replaces the panel. You can hear as she pushed the table back over it. I feel Katniss try and nestle closer to me.

"Peeta what's going on?" She asks, looking up at me, fear in her eyes. I can't find a way to explain, I don't want to. The bed begins to move again. I look and see a young girl that looks only the age of eight teen with strawberry blonde hair.

"W-where are we going?" Katniss asks.

"Where you'll be safe." She tells us.

"What about my parents?" I ask.

"They'll be there. So will your daughter." She says.

"Who are you?" Katniss asks, more stern then scared.

"Waverley." She says looking at katniss with her lavender eyes. They are a very unique color.

"Peeta why can't you tell me what's going on?" Katniss asks.

"Katniss, District zero is under attack."