Chapter 79

A Baby Mockingjay 79

Chapter 79

•Katniss' POV•

I wake up covered in dead leaves. I look at my belly it looked as if I was three of four months pregnant when really I was only one and a half. I crawl quickly to the front of the root cave and throw up again before noticing Peeta's gone.

"Peeta?" I say lightly.

"Come down lover boy! There's no Katniss to save you now!" I here Ermin yell. I stumble out of the root cave with my bow and walk slowly to sneak up on them.

"Come down already lover boy!" Bolt yells as I climb up a tree. I do a whistle to get Peeta's attention, he looks at me and he eyes widen. I put a finger over my mouth. I load my bow and aim for right in front of the careers so it'll hit the ground right in front of Slate. I release and it does just as I want. They jump back.

"Are you sure she's not with me?" Peeta smirks. I climb behind some leafs so they can't see me if they look. I send another arrow which lands only an inch from Slate's foot. He jumps back.

"I'm pretty sure she's here." Peeta laughs. Slate shakes his head and leaves with the rest of the careers. We wait before climbing down. I wait for Peeta to get to the ground.

"Mommy!" Someone exclaims. My eyes widen and I turn to see Willow running to me.

"Willow!" I exclaim, bending down so she runs into my arms. When she pulls away she pats my belly.

"Your tummy's big." She laughs. I smile and nod.

"Your brother or sister is in there." I smile.

"I'm gonna have a brother or sister!" She exclaims.

"Is that okay?" I ask.

"Yeah!" She exclaims.

"Shh, we have to be quiet, or the bad people will come back." I tell her. She nods and takes my hand. We find our way back to the root cave and crawl in, I lay down, pain all over again.

"Mommy, are you okay?" Willow asks.

"Yeah Will, I'm fine, just don't feel well." I say stroking her long hair. We never had the guts to cut it. But now her curls were down.

"Come here Willow." I say, sitting up, she comes over and sits on my lap causing a shooting pain to go through my legs. I grit my teeth then begin to braid her hair in two braids. She adjusts the way she sitting on my lap so she can see my but a gasp and Peeta takes her off my lap, I lay down and take one of the loaves of bread and begin to chew it.

"Daddy, what's wrong with mommy, whys she hurt?" I hear Willow ask Peeta.

"Willow, I don't know why."