Secrets

Y/N's POV: I was walking home from my sucky job at Starbucks. Sure, it may look nice and happy on the outside, but it's awful to actually work there! The people are mean, the bosses always are on your ass and stuff like that. I decided to just take a relaxing walk home in the forest. It would be a nice change from the usual walk home in the city where people are always rude to you no matter what happens.

I was just enjoying the nice view and listening to the sounds of nature very carefully when I heard something rustle in the bushes to my left. I swung around, arms up in defense, to try to find what made the noise. The bushes moved once again, so I moved towards them, ready to be attacked or some shit like that. As I made my way to the bushes, the noises became more loud and prominent. I finally made it up to the bush and pushed the leaves aside, only to have a bunny jump away into another bush.

"Oh... Hahahahaha. I'm so stupid, it's the forest! Of course there's gonna be bunnies and stuff like that constantly around me!" I thought aloud. I turned around and kept walking until I got to my apartment. I didn't have much money, but Los Angeles was a good enough place to live in an apartment.

As I walked into the lobby, I waved hi to Fred, the doorman. He had his nose inside of a book instead of doing his job, like usual. But he waved back, not bothering to look up from the Hunger Games. I headed up the stairs until I made it to the third floor. As I was getting the key, I noticed something. A bouquet of flowers and a note attached to them. It was my favorite type of flowers! (f/f)! I sniffed them and took in their wonderful scent. I grabbed the note that was attached to them and read aloud.

"Dear, (Y/N), I heard you walking in the forest today and I could've sworn that I saw an angel. Maybe I'm wrong, but in my eyes, you look like one! I hope that one day we could meet, but.... I'm not sure that you would want to. I'm different. And I hope that you're okay with that... I hope to see you again soon. Love, Nobody That Important." I stood, confused and kind of scared at the same time. Somebody was watching me in the forest today? But at least they were kind... No, this is weird, I can't be getting all romantic with stuff like this! Not again. Not after Carson.

Flashback: "I'm home Carson!" I yelled, ready for the abuse that always happened.

"About fucking time you bitch! You're late again! Now go make me dinner you bitch!" He yelled at me, and then hit me in the face. I was sadly used to this by now so it didn't surprise me that he was at it again.

"B-but, Carson, I-I've told you b-before. You g-get home before I d-do." I said, trying to reason with him.

"AND HOW MANY FUCKING TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU? I DON'T WANT YOU BACK TALKING TO ME! NOW GO MAKE DINNER FOR ME SINCE THAT'S ALL THAT YOU'RE USEFUL FOR!" He screamed at me. He punched me so hard in the face that I fell to the floor. He kicked me and punched me until I passed out. When I woke up, I made dinner for him, adding another tick mark to my never ending paper that told me how many times I had been abused by him.

Flashback end: I shivered thinking about those horrible times. I was glad when the police started to get suspicious after some of our neighbors reported us. They interviewed us and found Carson guilty of domestic abuse. He went to jail, of course. And for the past year, I haven't tried to find anyone else since. No, I wasn't going to start now. I can't let myself get sucked into the never ending hole of "love". I hated the stuff. The thing about love is, you can only truly find the one that you love by having your heart broken many times.

I gave up after Carson, as I wasn't going to find anyone to spend the rest of my life with. I went inside, getting ready for bed and for another long day.

A/N alright guys so here's the new story and I hope you like it! Since the last story was a huge success in my opinion, I hope this one is just as good! Updates might be slow so I'm sorry for that. But I hope that you'll be with me on my schedule. See ya later Diamonds!