Chapter 8

"Hey girls!" I say perkily

The girls respond with a chorus of hellos.

"Jay!" Lexi hops up from her spot on the bed and hugs me. "What took you so long?"

"Jordan is what took me so long." I sigh dramatically.

"You were with Jordan?" Jesse asks in disbelief.  "I thought you didn't like him!"

"Oh I don't." I say. "He's over with Logan."

"Wait, you guys like live together?" Kaylee asks in confusion.

"Yeah. We're cousins. His dads military so he lives with us." I respond.

"Back to you and Jordan." Lexi says bringing us back on topic. "What did he do that made you take so long?" She asks.

"Logan hasn't told you anything?" I ask in amusement.

"No. I was at the salon getting my nails done so I didn't respond to his messages." She replies.

I grin broadly. "Well it all started when Jordan snuck up on me in the kitchen. I didn't know he was there so of course I freaked when some guy grabbed my waist. So I punched him." I smirk.

"You did not!" Alaina gasps.

"Did too. Right in the nose." I laugh.

"Oh my god!" Jesse gasps out laughing. "What did he do after that?"

"Aggravate the life out of me all afternoon saying that I owe him." I roll my eyes.

"He is such a guy." Alaina says also rolling her eyes.

The other girls voice their agreement.

"I totes need to text this story to everyone." Kaylee says typing furiously on her phone.

"So," I say climbing into Lexi's weird chair. "Any body else got some juicy gossip to share?"
***

Me and the girls are sitting around painting nails when my mom texts to let me know they aren't going to make it home from Atlanta tonight. I respond letting her know I'm at Lexi's then forward her message to Logan. A few minutes later my phone starts ringing with a call from Logan.

"Hey. What's up?" I say answering the call on the first ring.

There's a pause on the other line before Logan's frantic voice replies. "Uh.. Houston we have a problem!"