Chapter 9

"What's the problem?" I ask Logan.

"Uhh. Just get over here immediately." He says hanging up.

"Guys, Logan called. I need to run home." I say to the girls.

"Ooh. I'll come with!" Lexi volunteers.

"Me too!" Kaylee exclaims.

"You two just want to see your boyfriends!" I say accusingly.

They shrug not denying it.

"My brothers there so I wanna come too!" Alaina says jumping up.

We turn to look at Jesse. She shrugs. "Well I don't want to stay here while y'all go have fun." She says. "I'm in."

We all hurry next door to see what the problem is. I look around in confusion when I come in. Nothing's out of place and the guys are out of sight somewhere.

"Yo, Jay! Up here!" Logan calls from the top of the stairs. The guys are all standing with is looking up nervously.

I stare at them in confusion for a minute before tilting my head up to see what they are looking at. There, clinging to the chandelier, is my baby, Ivan.

"WHAT DID YOU DO TO MY BABY?!" I yell furiously.

Logan takes a step back in fear. "We uh, put a parachute on your cat and tossed it off of the stairwell thinking it would float done to the ground but it freaked and latched onto the chandelier!" He rushes to explain.

"Where did you get a freaking cat parachute and what possessed you to use it to throw my baby off of something?" I exclaim in anger. I'm seriously losing it here.

"Alex had the parachute! It was his idea!" Logan says casting the blame on him.

Alex raises his hands defensively. "Dude it worked fine on our cat." He shrugs.

"What?!" This time it's Alaina who exclaims in anger. "You threw our cat off of something without me?! Some brother you are!" She says glaring at him.

I shake my head at them. "What are you going to do to get my baby down?" I ask.

"The thing is. We can't get him down." Logan says. "None of us can reach him and hitting him with the broom didn't work."

I pinch the bridge of my nose as try to control my anger. Lexi glares at the boys. "Idiots! Go get the ladder out of the garage!" She snaps.

Logan quickly obeys while the other guys stand there laughing. Logan brings the ladder in and scales it quickly. He reaches for Ivan but Ivan hisses and swats his hand away. Logan jerks his hand away. Ivan then let's out the most pitiful little meow.

"Awe. Get out of the way Logan! He needs me!" I say. I climb the ladder as fast as I can and reach for the kitten. He jumps into my arms and snuggles up against me. "It's okay Ivan. Mommies got you." I murmur quietly so no one else hears it.

Logan grins sheepishly at me when I climb down. I just glare in response.

"Sorry?"

"Logan Andrew Reynolds, if you think that saying sorry will get you out of this then you have another thing coming!" I say putting my free hand on my hip.

"Probably her fist." Jordan mumbles just loud enough for me to hear. I turn and glare at him.

"Boys," I say sweetly. "You have about ten seconds to get out of my sight before I murder all of you."

They quickly run off leaving me alone with the girls. "Sorry for ruining our night." I say apologetically.

"What are you talking about?" Jesse exclaims. "That was awesome!"