Chapter 6

"I am never going shopping with you guys again," I groaned, walking in with two of my bags of new clothes. The entire trunk was stalked with them though, as well as the rest of the car.

"Hey, it not normally like this," Avalon said defensively in a joking tone.

"Yeah it is. If Avalon's there your going to be spending a lot of money that day," my mom said, shrugging as Avalon whipped her head around.

Avalon helped me bring all the bags back up to my room and I helped her bring her bags up to her room before we both flopped down on her bed. "Did you seriously have to make me get that lingerie set?" I whispered, slightly embarrassed at the piece of fabric that I would probably never wear sitting in my room.

"It's just in case you want to give Clay something a little extra," she winked.

"Oh my god no!" I laughed.

"Anyways, let's stop talking about me. When and how did you meet Phillip?" I asked, eyeing her with a sly smirk on my face.

"The day that they first came, two weeks ago. I had been at the pack house when they arrived and I decided to sleep over because I knew that I had smelt my mate. I snuck out of my friends room that night and followed his scent to the room he was staying in," she said. "I just opened the door and he was sitting on the edge of the bed with his head in his hands. He had looked up and we just kinda stood there with goofy smiles on our faces. And then he got up and walked over to me. We told each other our names and then he kissed me. The rest of the night we just laid in his bed and talked about ourselves until we fell asleep."

"Ahh, that's sweet," I said with a smile. The sound of her window opening startled me and I looked at it to see Phillip crawling in.

"Hey Phillip," I said awkwardly.

"Hey Paisley," he responded.

"I'll be leaving now, thanks Avalon," I said, rushing out of there and down the hall to my room. Clay was laying on the bed with his eyes closed, and by the soft snores coming from him I knew he was sleeping.

I smiled and took out my new phone which my mom had gotten me today and took a picture before crawling into bed next to him. "Hey there," he grinned, opening his eyes and looking down at me. His voice was a little groggy but it was extremely sexy.

"Did you have a good day?" I asked.

He nodded. "It's better now that you're here."

"Stop it," I laughed quietly.

"It is. I was so lonely today, and I missed you," he said, pulling me closer to him and tucking my head under his chin.

"I missed you too," I whispered, enjoying he feeling of being this close to him. "I have to put my clothes away," I groaned, pulling away from him.

As I was getting up, I was grabbed by my wrist and a pair of lips met mine. I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him back. "We can continue this later," I whispered, getting up and running into the closet. All my bags were stacked up against the wall, so I grabbed the first one on the top and started hanging them up in the empty closet.

I don't know how long had passed but eventually all my clothes were out away and I was left with a pile of empty shopping bags. I slipped on a pair of my new leggings and a long sleeve shirt for bed before going back to Clay.

I snuggled into his side and laid my head on his chest, and this time he didn't wake up. His arm wrapped tightly around me and pulled me into his side, and I heard him let out a satisfied sigh.

I fell asleep easily, the scent of my mate flooding my nose.

~~~~

I opened my eyes from the bright light shining through my window. My back was against my mates chest, his arms clinging to me. I turned my head around the best I could and stared at my sleeping mate. He looked so cute when he was sleeping.

My stomach grumbled quietly so I grabbed his arms gently and tried to unwrap them from around me but they only got tighter. Clay let out something between a whine and a groan, and I let out a small laugh.

"Don't leave," he whispered.

"But I'm hungry," I complained.

"But I don't want you to leave yet," he whined, burying his nose in my neck and inhaling my scent.

My door opened and Avalon and Phillip slipped in. "Hey, what are you doing?" I asked her, sitting up. I felt Clay sit up beside me.

"I've decided to tell dad that Phillip is my mate. Either that or mom is going to tell him soon and then he'll be pissed that I wasn't the one to tell him," she rambled. "I need you there for support. And also because of you say you approve then dad will approve."

"Alright, let's go," I said, pulling Clay with me out of the bed.

"Hey Phillip, how's life buddy?" He smirked, patting his friend on the back.

"Great, seems like it's going pretty good for you too," Phillip replied in a sly tone, a smirk on his face.

"Oh yes just excellent," Clay said, taking my hand in his as we went downstairs. From the conversation that him and Phillip had I assumed that they were really close, other whys Phillip would be in so much trouble for how he was talking to his alpha right now.

My parents were both in the kitchen drinking coffee, sitting side by side at the island. "Dad," Avalon said.

"Hey sweetie, what's up?" He asked, turning around. My mom turned around also, a knowing smirk on her face.

"I have something to tell you. Phillips my mate," she said nervously, but she stared straight at my dad and didn't break eye contact.

I don't know how to explain my dads reaction but I wish I could have caught it on camera. He was going to say something about it and then he realized the mark on her neck, then I saw him sniff and his eyes darkened. "Xan, calm down," my mom said, wrapping her arms around him. He buried his face in her hair and I heard him take a couple deep breaths before pulling away.

I saw that he was still battling for control with his wolf with the switching of his eyes darkening and then lightening.

"You've obviously known you were mates for a while as you've already completed the mating process," he said, his voice gruff, almost on the verge of yelling. I had never seen this side of my father. He had always been so calm and easy going with us. He never yelled around us and his wolf never took control.

This side of my dad was almost scaring me, and I just wanted to get out of the room. My breathing was starting to become heavy and I saw Clay out of the corner of my eye look at me worriedly.

I met his eyes, and I think he understood what was happening now. 'I have to get out' I mouthed to him.

"Avalon, he's seven years older then you!" My dad yelled.

"And he's my mate! I'm not going to reject him because of a stupid age gap!" She yelled back, clinging to Phillips hand tightly.

"They only came two weeks, how long have you even known him?" My dad yelled, and I could tell he was becoming angrier.

"We met the day they came!"

"And you already slept with him!" My dad growled loudly.

"So what if I did. I'm going to be with him for the rest of my life!" She retorted.

"You're only sixteen, you shouldn't have to worry about a mate at this age," my dad yelled so loudly and I started shaking from anxiety.

I couldn't take this anymore. I had to get out. I had to get away from my dad. The only escape was the kitchen door behind me, so I turned around and bolted.

Vote and comment for the next chapter!! The more votes and comments, the sooner the update!!

HASHTAG SORRY NOT SORRY FOR THE CLIFFHANGER HAHAHA