Chapter 17

"Give them to us and no one gets hurt." I heard the click of a trigger and risked slowly turned my head around. Four men were standing there, one of them holding a gun. One whiff was enough to tell that it was loaded with silver
bullets.

I knew as I looked at Clay and met his eyes that my fear was clear. I started taking deep breaths as I turned around and looked at Victor. Get help I mouthed. I knew he had seen me but he didn't do anything to show that he would. I could only hope that he actually did.

"I'm not giving you my daughter," Victor growled. I heard a gun shot, but Clay had lunged at just the right moment and yanked the guys wrist up. He kneed him in the stomach, a groan escaping the guys mouth. One came up behind him but Clays hand flew out and punched him straight in the face. I was so entranced in watching the three men fight that I didn't realize that a fifth one had come out and grabbed me, a disgusting hang covering my mouth. His other arm was wrapped around my waist, holding me tightly against him.

I squirmed, trying to get out of the iron grip. His hand covering my mouth smelt strongly of cigarettes, and it was enough to make me want to puke. "Stop fighting you worthless bitch," he hissed in my ear.

I stopped.

Not because I was giving up.

I stopped because I needed to find another way to escape.

I couldn't use my arms. I still had control of my legs though. And his hand was covering my mouth.

I stayed calm, counting to three before biting his hand as hard as I could and slamming my foot on his, digging my heel into his foot. "Fuck!" He spat out, releasing me. I elbowed him in the chest with unimaginable strength I didn't know I had.

He tried to reach out and grab me again but I ducked and turned around, kneeing him in the crotch. He let out a long string of curse words as he cupped his balls, falling to his knees. Without thinking I slammed my fist across his face, barely registering the pain as I continued to throw punch after punch. "You son of a bitch!" I screamed in his face. "You think you can just kidnap people to earn power! That's now this it works you bastard!" I grabbed either side of his face and yanked to the side, a crack echoing.

His body fell limply to the ground, dead. Realization dawned on me as I realized what I had just done. "I just killed someone," I whispered, horrified. I was ashamed of myself. No matter how sick and twisted his mind was, I still killed him.

The fighting sounds that surrounded me died out, but I barely registered what was even going on as I stared at the lifeless body in front of me. Arms wrapped around me and sparks erupted along my skin. Even with my mate his close to me I was still in some sort of trance.

Two hands grabbed my face gently and forced me to look at the person, and I got lost in a sea of blue and green eyes. "Paisley."

"Clay I just killed someone," I whispered.

"It's okay. If you hadn't killed him he would have killed you," Clay said soothingly.

"I still killed him though."

"Pais, you did what you had to do. It's okay," Clay said. Exhaustion started to over take my body and I just nodded, leaving forward so my head was resting on his chest.

"Is she alright?" I heard Victor ask.

"I'm sure she'll be fine," Clay said. "She ran all the way here with Bella on her back and I'm pretty killing that man took the remaining energy out of her." I barely heard what was going on as I already felt half asleep as Clays strong arms wrapped around me, keeping me from sliding to the ground. The adrenaline from before was wearing off extremely quickly and I could barely feel my legs, much less hold myself up.

"You are just going to the Crescent Moon pack now?" Victor asked. I felt Clay nod. "Alright. You have permission to cross my land if needed. Thank you again for saving my daughter, and I wish you guys the best of luck."

"Thank you, Victor," Clay said. I heard the crunching of leaves and knew they were walking off. "Pais, I have to shift. You have to have enough energy to crawl on, then you're done," Clay said. I nodded and let go, willing myself to stay up.

An arm snaked around my waist and I look to see Lindley with a soft smile on her face. "Thanks," I mumbled, leaning my head on her shoulder.

"Thank you for saving me." I heard the crackling of bones and looked to see the two boys had shifted. Lindley helped me onto Clay and I immediately laid my stomach against the back of his wolf. Lindley hopped on behind me, and I saw Chloe crawl into Phillip.

They took off in the direction of the Crescent Moon, and it was only a twenty minute run. I slipped off of Clays back and had enough energy to hold my self up right, and even enough to help Lindley slide off as well.

A guard appeared, eyeing us all suspiciously. He looked young, around all of our ages. His skin was tan and his black hair was spiked up in the front revealing his dark eyes.

"Who are you?" He asked, his voice deep yet somehow boyish at the same time. He was eyeing us each indivisually, his eyes landing on Chloe. "Mate," he whispered.

"What!" Chloe gasped.

"You're my mate." Chloe looked over at us, and Lindley and I both gave her an encouraging nod. She turned back to her mate and stepped towards.

"I'm Andy," he said quietly.

"Andy!" Chloe gasped. Not even a second had passed and she had already thrown her arms around him tightly. He seemed extremely freaked out. She unwrapped her arms from him and looked up. "It's Chloe," she said quietly, a small smile on her face. His face filled with shock and happiness.

"Chloe! What happened? How did you escape? And who are all these people?" He asked, a huge smile over taking his face as he looked between all of us and Chloe.

"That's alpha Clayton Becker of the White Thorn pack, his mate Paisley Whitefield, and his head tracker Phillip Thompson. And that's Lindley Becker. She's been with me for the past eleven years," Chloe introduced. "Guys, this is my best friend and now mate, Andy."

"I just mind linked your dad, he's on his way," Andy smiled, his eyes filling with love as he stared at Chloe.

Soon enough the hitting of paws against the forest floor was heard and two wolves appeared; the alpha and luna. They shifted behind trees and came out with clothes on. The luna ran up and pulled Chloe tight into her embrace.

"Hi mom," Chloe said quietly, and I saw tears start to fall down her face.

"Hey baby," her mom smiled, tears already falling down her face.

"Thank you for saving our daughter," alpha Stone spoke.

"Your welcome," Clay spoke. "Michael, would we be able to stay at you pack house tonight?"

"Of course. You saved me daughter. I owe you everything," he said, his bright green eyes full of kindness and thankfulness.

"Hey dad," Chloe spoke, and gave him a hug. He hugged her so tightly I became a little worried that he would hurt her but Chloe was strong. Even after spending all that time in a cell, she was still strong.

We spent the night at the Crescent Moon packs pack house, and we set out first thing the next morning, not wanting anyone to ask us questions or trying to follow us.

I hope you guys enjoyed that chapter!!