Chapter 9

"How do you even play this?" I laughed, realizing I was driving backwards.

"You have to actually learn how to drive the kart first," Clay said, stifling a laugh as he crossed the finish line and ended in first.

"Well you do you drive?"

"You hold down the button that says 2 and turn your remote like its s steering wheel," Clay explained for maybe the tenth time.

"I still don't understand," I smiled, rolling my eyes as I handed him my remote, just like I had done for every other race.

"You got onto your second lap this time, that must mean your improving," Clay pointed out with a lazy smirk on his face as he finished driving for me.

"Yeah but how do you get first every time? Do you just sit in your room and play this all day?" I asked, watching the remote and how he was so lazily turning the kart.

"No, but I've been playing this for forever," Clay laughed.

"That's not fair!" I laughed, rolling my eyes as he passed the finish line.

I barely recognized what was happening until my back hit the bed and Clay was hovering over me, his lips barely an inch from mine. "Not everything in life is fair," he whispered in a husky tone, a smirk forming on his face.

I returned the smirk before hooking my arm around his neck and pulling his lips to mine. His lips molded against mine, like they were made for them, which they were.

"I'm hungry," I whispered, and Clay pulled his lips off of mine, staring down at me with a goofy smirk. I smiled back, not being able to hold back the laugh. "Sorry, but I am really hungry."

"It's like, ten o'clock at night," Clay laughed.

"I want ice cream." He looked at me but I just laughed, shoving him off of me.

"Right now?" He asked. I nodded, staring at him with wide, eager eyes, my hands resting on my knees as I sat at the end of the bed. Clay propped himself up on his elbows, his lazy smirk sitting on his face.

"Yes, right now," I urged when he didn't move anymore. He still didn't move. "Oh what the hell," I laughed, standing up and grabbing his arm to try to pull him up, but he ended up
pulling me and I landed on his chest, his lips centimeters from mine.

"Are you sure you want ice cream," he whispered.

"Yup," I said, pecking his lips before rolling over and hopping off the bed. I walked out of the room leaving my mate behind, knowing he would end up following me.

I snuck down the hall, not wanting to wake anyone, though Avalon and Phillip were probably awake doing the nasty. Thank god for soundproof walls.

I walked down the stairs and opened the freezer, a chin immediately resting on my head. "What kind do you want?" I asked quietly, looking throughout the huge freezer. We had all types of ice cream.

"Whatever you want," He hummed quietly, his arms finding their way around my waist. I reached our and snatched the chocolate peanut butter cup ice cream, closing the freezer and setting it down on the island. "Clay you need to let go of me. We need spoons and bowls," I laughed, prying his arms off of me. I grabbed what I needed and returned to the island.

Clay was looking in he fridge, and he came back with a can of whip cream and chocolate syrup. "First you don't want ice cream and now you're about to make the most unhealthy sundae," I laughed, starting to scoop ice cream into our bowls.

"It's ice cream. The only thing I love more then ice cream is you," he said in a duh tone with a silly grin on his face, but I don't think he realized what he just said.

"You basically just said you love me," I pointed out, turning around to face him with a smirk of my own on my face.

I could see him processing his words in his head but I couldn't tell what he was thinking. "That's because I do. And that's probably not the ideal way to tell you but that's how it happened," he smiled, pulling me close to him, his arms tightly around my waist.

"I love you too," I whispered, looking up at him with a smile on my face.

"That's great," he smirked, and something cold landed on my nose and started slipping down, falling to the floor. The whip cream started melting on the floor.

"You did not just do that," I growled, eyeing him and trying not to smirk at my plan of revenge.

"Oh but I think I did," he said, his smirk growing as he tried to kiss me. I pushed his chest away so his body was farther away from mine and stepped out of his grasp.

"You just messed with the wrong girl," I advised with a smile, turning back to my ice cream and scooping it into one bowl. "I've not only got Greenwood blood in my system, but I've got twin Greenwood blood in my system," I said, taking the chocolate syrup and drizzling it over the ice cream. I took the can of whip cream off the counter where Clay had set it and spray it over my ice cream. I went over to the baking cabinet and took out the chocolate sprinkles, sprinkling it over the whip cream to complete it.

"You can make one hell of a sundae," Clay smirked, trying to snag a bite with his spoon.

Bowl and spoon in hand, I turned to face him with a smirk of my own. "I know. Too bad it has to be be ruined," I said before turning the bowl upside down on Clay's head and turning around to make another one with the bowl that should've been his.

"Seriously," he grumbled, taking the bowl off his head to reveal my sundae on his head, which was already starting to slip off his face.

"Never mess with a Greenwood twin," I said a song-songy voice, scooping out a fourth scoop for my bowl of ice cream, planning to share with Clay so we wouldn't dirty up another bowl.

"I though your last name was Whitefield?" He asked behind me.

"My moms name before she married my dad was Greenwood, and she has a twin brother. They were always pulling or pranks on each other or everyone else," I explained.

I reached for the whip cream and sprayed it on the ice cream in two layers. I reached for the chocolate syrup but it wasn't there. "Where..." Something cool drizzled on my head and slipped down my face and back. "Clay!" I squealed, wiping it off my forehead. I grabbed the closest weapon, which ended up being the whip cream, and started spraying it at him.

He couldn't get close enough to me to drizzle chocolate syrup, but little chunks of ice cream were being flung at me with a spoon, dripping down wherever they landed.

We both were laughing loudly, throwing food at each other and not even thinking about the mess we would have to clean up. Clay ran up behind me as soon as I ran out of whip cream and pulled my shirt back, chocolate syrup pouring down my back as I squealed, a loud laugh escaping his lips.

"What's going on down here?" A familiar voice asked, the kitchen lights flickering on. Both of us turned around to see my mom with her hands on her hips and a small smirk on her face.

"Umm," I looked around at the mess we made. "A food fight," I said slowly.

A laughed escaped her lips. "You're dad and I once had a food fight in here. We had just found out I was pregnant with Sawyer, and I had made a huge breakfast and then ran out crying because it was all ruined," she laughed.

Clay and I both started laughing at the story, and I almost slipped on a puddle of ice cream, but Clay caught me and held me up. "Just clean it up when you're done," my mom smiled, turning around and leaving the room.

I turned in my mates arms so I was facing him, a smile playing on both of our faces. "You just need the finishing touch," I smiled, taking the chocolate syrup from him and drizzling it over his head as he just sat there and laughed.

"Oh what am I going to do with you," he laughed, shaking his head before planting his lips on mine.

I had to throw in a food fight I'm sorry!!!😂 but what did you think of this chapter!?

VOTE!

COMMENT!

FOLLOW!