Chapter 13

I left the letter in the middle of my dads desk so he would easily see it in the morning before hurrying out to join Clay and Phillip downstairs. "Ready?" Clay asked, wrapping his arms around me waist.

"Yeah," I said, taking a deep breath as I buried my face in my mates chest to try and hide the tears. I had just gotten my family back and now I was leaving them again. Even though I could come back if I wanted, I couldn't. I had to find Avalon and all the other girls. I was the one that had been saved, and now I felt as though it was my duty to save the others.

"Let's go," I whispered, refusing to let the tears fall. I needed to be strong during this. My mates hand wrapped around mine and the three of us left my house, setting out into the night.

"Let's shift. Pais you can ride on me if you want," Clay said. Phillip and I both nodded in agreement, so that's exactly what we did. I pulled myself up onto the wolf of my mate and laid down on my stomach, my eyes starting to droop close.

My mate took of running and the wind was rushing along my back, and it felt amazing. My eyes were closed but I could tell we were going at top speed.

We decided to go around Washington first and look for Avalon or any other alpha daughters because we lived in that state. We were going out to areas near other packs where big forests would be.

Riding on Clays back, I slowly started drifting off to sleep, clinging to him tightly.

I woke up when the sun was rising, the bright light coming from it too much. I looked around and saw Phillip to the right of Clay, and they were both trotting along the forest floor. "Let's eat," I whispered into my mates ear, nudging his shoulder a little. He nodded and a couple seconds later, him and Phillip both stopped.

I hopped off his back and went behind a tree so the two could shift back in private. "Paisley you can come out now!" I heard Clay call. I walked out and was immediately pulled into my mates arms.

"Hey," I smiled, craning my neck up to look at him.

"I'll go find a deer or some rabbits," I heard Phillip mutter, and I heard him shift and run off.

Clay and I went and sat down against a tree, me sitting in between his legs and my back resting against his chest. I was playing with his fingers which were sitting in my lap, tracing each and every crease in his palm.

"What if one of us dies?" I whispered, my eyes strongly focused on a more visible crease on his palm. I heard a sharp intake of breath, and his body tensed up behind me.

"I will protect you with every inch of my body. I won't let you die. And I promise you that I won't die either. We'll be able to just be happy after this," he said softly.

I sighed softly, closing my eyes and resting against his chest. "I love you," I whispered.

"I love you too," I heard him whisper back.

"Do you think my parents have noticed that we've left yet?" I whispered, my eyes popping open at the thought.

"I don't know. What time is it," he asked. I looked down at his watch, reading the time.

"Seven fifteen," I said. "If they haven't noticed yet they'll notice soon."

We sat in silence for a little while longer, and Phillip came back with two deer and we started a fire, cooking the meat.

We quickly ate, making small talk before heading out again, this time in human form. Clay grabbed my hand in his, lightly swinging them back and forth.

I don't know how long we had been walking for, but I felt something in my head, like a knife stabbing through my skull. I let out a scream and fell to the ground, clutching my head.

I could barely hear or see Clay and Phillip, who were both trying to calm me down. I let out a cry of pain as it continued. I didn't understand what was happening right now, but I couldn't focus or try and think about why.

And just like that, the pain stopped. I was laying on the ground, clutching my head with tears streaming down my face. Clay and Phillip were both looking down at me, Clays face so worried and full of fear that I was glad that I was already crying because if I hadn't been I would have started.

"What happened?" He asked, sitting down and quickly pulling me into his lap, his arms under my neck arm knees as he cradled me to him. Phillip slid down against a tree.

"I don't know," I whispered, wiping some of the tears away. "It just felt like a knife was piercing through my skull continuously."

Clays face of worry grew. He seemed to have no clue on what had happened. "Is your wall up?" Phillip asked from over where he was sitting, focusing on me. I nodded slowly, curious to what he was going to say. "Your family was trying to mindlink you. If one person was trying to you would have been find. But I'm sure your entire family was mindlinking you and your dad was probably trying really hard. All those thrown together would make you feel like that."

"But I left a letter on my dads desk explaining everything. Why would they try and mindlink me?" I asked.

"Maybe they haven't seen the letter yet," Clay said. "Are you okay now?" He asked.

"Yeah, I don't feel anything anymore. I feel normal," I said. Clay stood up and set me down on the ground, and I felt a little dizzy but Clay held my steady.

"Let's go," I said, and we started walking again. We were close to our first location and I wanted to get there soon so we would have time to plan how to get inside.

Clay and Phillip shifted after lunch and I hopped on Clays back, my wolf still not having enough strength to keep up with them. We ran for two hours, and when we neared the first location, they shifted back. "We need to scout out the location first, then we'll come back and plan our attack," I said.

Clay and I walked in one direction and Phillip in another. "I hope that one of the daughters is here," I spoke softly, leaning into his side.

"It's okay if there isn't. One mistake isn't going to make us mad," Clay said, wrapping his arm around me.

"I just want to save all of them," I said, wiping away the tear that fell. "It sucks that so many of them have been kidnapped. And I know that most of them probably have it worse then me. The most I ever got was a beating," I whispered. This was the first time that I had ever opened up about what happened, and the anxiety in my chest was rising. Taking deep breaths, I managed to calm it.

"We'll find each and every last one of them. I promise," Clay said, stopping us and holding my face in his. "I promise," he whispered, pressing his lips to mine.

oh my god I AM SO SORRY FOR THE WAIT!! i went up to friends cabin (no service, not exaggerating) and I had bad writers block because I didn't know how to start how they were leaving.

anyways, what'd you guys think??

VOTE!

COMMENT!