Chapter 27

CLAYTONS POV

A barely dodged a bullet that flew over my head as I dropped to the floor with Paisley. I could hear the sound of footsteps coming closer but barely registered them. The only thing that I was worried about right now was my mate.

Her shoulder was bleeding profusely and her eyes were starting to close. "Paisley, stay awake. Stay awake for me baby," I begged. Someone grabbed my wrist and yanked me away from Paisley. I was punched across the face but I threw my elbow back, a satisfying crunch echoing through out the room. I attempted to get back to my mate but was grabbed again. My hands were cuffed immediately and I was being dragged away. "PAISLEY!" I screamed as I rounded the corner. There were two guards still in the hall where she was, and my wolf was growling and trying to take control.

"DON'T YOU FUCKING TOUCH HER!" I hollered, and I barely felt the punch to the side of my head after that.

"Shut up," the guard behind me growled. I began to fight to get free from the guard and the handcuffs, needing to get back to my mate.
My wolf finally was able to take control and I didn't even both trying to win it back. The guard was having a difficult time containing me my wolf wouldn't stop moving. "Stop moving, mutt!"

My wolf growled. I don't know if the guard didn't know about alphas but it doesn't matter if you're in their pack or not. You treat them with respect. The cuffs snapped and I had the guard pinned to the wall in half a second. "How dare you disrespect us like that," my wolf spat. I punched him across the face a couple times before a needle was stabbed into my neck and a serum was inserted into my body. My wolf whipped around and snapped the neck of the guard that had done it, but I lost conscious immediately after that.

~~~~

I woke up with a pounding headache. I brought my hands up to my temples to massage them and heard a clanging noise and noticed a heaviness on my wrist. I looked down a dn internally groaned. Chains were wrapped around my wrists and ankles, and a blue glow was coming off of them. "What the...?"

"It's that damned witch again," came a familiar voice from the other side of the cell room. I looked up and saw Avalon.

"What the hell happened to you?" I asked, using my wolf speed to try and get as close to her as I could, but the chains wouldn't let me get any farther then the cell.

Avalon's face was bruised and bloody, along with her arms. "They beat us all after they got us back in the cells. Phillip and Nadia are in another cell room but I have no idea what happened to the others. And you're not going to be able to get out of those chains." I stopped yanking at them, completely ignoring the searing pain that was covering my wrists now. "The witch who's helping them came and put some kind of enchantment on all of ours." She held up her wrist to reveal that she was chained too. "They prevent us from getting out."

"Damn it," I growled, yanking at the chain even though I now knew it was useless.

"I did hear the witch asking one of the guards when 'she' will be ready though," Avalon said. I snapped my eyes up to hers. "If I understood the entire conversation correctly, it's one of the alphas daughters," she said quietly. Thoughts of my mate immediately filled my head and I hoped to god it wasn't her.

"Where's Paisley?" I asked quietly. Avalon's eyes welled with tears at the mention of her sister. She shook her head.

"I don't know. None of us know if she's dead or not," she said quietly.

"She's not dead. I would be able to feel it," I said, a wave of relive coming over me.

Avalon looked relived as well. "Did they give us that serum to stop us from mind linking?" I asked. She nodded. I sat down, leaning my back against the brick wall.

"We need to find a way to get out of here. Fast," I groaned.

"Thanks, Captain Obvious," Avalon said sarcastically.

The cell door opened and two guards appeared, each of them holding one of Lindley's arms. She was sporting a bloody nose and a bruising cheek. "Let go of me you bastards," she said, trying to fight them off. She was thrown into a cell between mine and Avalon's, on the opposite side, and they locked the door before leaving the room.

"Lindley what happened?" I asked her. She was holding her hand to her nose, trying to stop the blood.

"They caught me trying to escape the house," she said.

"How the-"

"When we heard the gunshot, all the girls got into their own cages except for me. I ran out of the room and hid under the stairs. After all the guards went upstairs I went upstairs too and tried to find the front door. They caught me, beat me up a little, and brought me here," she explained. Her voice sounded nasally because of the bloody nose.

"Do you know about any of the other girls?" Avalon asked.

"Yeah. All of them got their faces pretty beaten up. Madison has a lot of broken ribs. Beth only had her face beat up. Sarah has a broken leg and a long cut running along her arm. Hillary has gash on her leg and I think she has a dislocated elbow. I don't know about Phillip and Nadia though," she said, looking at Avalon with a sorrow filled look. "Or Paisley," she whispered. The hopeful look in my eyes vanished as I sat back down, not even realizing that I had stood up when Lindley had been brung in.

"How are we suppose to get out of here?" I asked dumbly, knowing that there was probably no way out. "Nevermind."

Lindley was still trying to stop the bleeding of her nose. It was covering the concrete floor in front of her, sitting in a puddle.

I heard the clanging of chains and saw Avalon trying to get comfortable. "We might as well get some sleep while we can. Who knows what's coming next," she said quietly, laying her head on her upper arm. I nodded my head and kept trying to get comfortable, but a certain somebody was missing, and I couldn't get to sleep without her.

Paisley began to fill my thoughts. We had barely known each other for a month yet it seemed like we had even together for years. I was so proud of her and how she had been responding to everything since we left. She wasn't letting her past affect her and she had become so strong and confident with everything.

I thought it was impossible without her curled up by me but I managed to fall asleep for a couple of hours, peaceful thoughts of my mate consuming my dreams.

What did you guys think??

VOTE!!

COMMENT!!