Chapter 26

Nadia stopped us at the tops of the stairs and looked through the space between the door and the dark hard wood flooring. I looked through the space too and all I saw was the bottom of a pair of large black boots standing against the opposite wall. "Watch your backs, take out as many guards as you can," Nadia whispered to the five of us, her voice so quiet that even with my wolf hearing I had trouble picking it up.

She counted down from three with her fingers and on zero, she flung the door open. The guard standing in front of it barely had time to register what was going on before Nadia had launched herself at him and slammed his head against the wooden floor, knocking him out cold. The only con was it had made an echo like noise and I could hear heavy footsteps of three or four guys coming to see what was going on.

"Alert the whole house why don't you," Avalon said sarcastically. I glared at her, letting her know that Nadia didn't mean too.

Four men appeared from around the corner and charged at us. Phillip, Avalon, and Clay all launched themselves at their own man, and Nadia and I handled the last one. With in seconds, there were five men knocked out cold, and Nadia had a bruise forming on her right cheek. "Are you sure your okay?" I asked as we reached the bottom of the stairs, all of either carrying or dragging a body with us.

"I'm fine, don't worry about me. It'll heal quickly," she said, waving me off.

We got the men locked up and gave them the same serums we had given the others. "That was fast," Hillary said.

"That's only a small portion of our job," Nadia said.

I started sliding down the wall to take a small break but was pulled up immediately by Avalon. "We can't take any breaks right now."

"Why not?" I asked.

"Because now that our plan has gone into action, the other guards will start to realize that they're going missing," Nadia smirked.

"Exactly. We can't stop unless we want to get thrown back in the cells," Avalon said, her face determined to get out of here. I nodded, showing that I understood.

"You guys got it under control down here?" Nadia asked Hillary, Sarah and Lindley. She began to get the rest of the cells open and ready for a prisoner.

"We've got it. We're not really doing anything," Sarah said.

"How long do you think we've been here?" I asked Clay, turning to him and wrapping my arms around his waist.

"I don't know Pais. Seven, eight, nine hours I would say," he answered, wrapping his around me and pulling me closer to him. I inhaled his woodsy scent, immediately relaxing.

"As soon as our mind links are working again I want to mind link my dad and Sawyer and have some warriors from the pack come and help. The sooner we get out of here the better."

"We'll get out of here, I promise," Clay whispered. His hands came up to gently grab my face between his palms and he planted his lips on mine.

Th kiss was so gentle and quick, and it immediately had my wolf jumping up and down inside my head. It felt like we hadn't kissed our mate in forever. "Hey lovebirds, we have a mission to complete," I heard Nadia. I turned around and saw her signature smirk planted on her lips and she leaned against the bars.

I let out a small laugh before we quietly made our way upstairs again. Nadia beckoned us to the left, so we followed her. There were no guards in the hallway but I knew that within an hour there would be a ton. My heart was beating rapidly in my chest and I mentally begged for it to stop because with werewolf hearing, I'm sure the guards anywhere near us would be able to hear it.

Nadia peeked her head around the corner. "Why the hell don't we just shoot them all?" She asked, gently hitting herself in the head.

"Because after the first gun shot we'd have a horde of guards on us," I answered, following her around the corner. It looked like the front entry, where we had first been captured. There were four guards, two on either side of the door and two at the foot of each staircase.

Nadia counted down with her fingers from three, and we attacked. Clay launched himself at one of them and slammed his head to the wood flooring, a loud crack echoing way louder then the one before. "Shit," I whispered, ducking under one that had jumped for me. He landed head first and I landed a kick to his gut before Nadia punched him across the face. I turned around and Phillip and Avalon had both taken one out. "Let's get them downstairs quickly, I'm sure most of the guards heard that," Nadia rushed out, grabbing the legs of the one had taken out.

We teamed up and the other three all took a guard for themselves and we let Nadia guide us back to the basement. "How do you know this place so well?" I asked her as we started bringing the guard down the stairs.

"I don't want to talk about it," she muttered, looking down. My eyes widened at this. This was not normal for Nadia at all. Something must have happened and only one thing could pop into my mind that would make her scared or nervous. I didn't bring it up now, knowing that the others were right behind.

"I'm sorry," I whispered quietly. She looked up at me, her eyes sparkling with tears. She nodded right as we reached the bottom. We took care of the four guards, checked in on the other five before we went back upstairs.

Nadia lead us to the right this time. She peeked around another corner and my hand immediately shot out and grabbed Clays. I had a bad feeling that something bad was about to happen. I don't know what though.

We started won the hallway, heading toward a set of dark wooden double doors when multiple voices filled the air. "Damn it. There's too many in there. More then I thought," Nadia hissed. I looked over at Clay, meeting his eyes. He gave my hand a reassuring squeeze.

We were about to turn and go back when the doors swung open. At least ten guards appeared, all of them holding guns. I didn't even have time to prop up my gun before an unbearable pain exploded in my left shoulder. I felt dizzy and collapsed, landing in someone's arms, not even registering the sparks flying through my body. I heard voices but didn't know who they belonged to or what they were saying. I barely heard the sound of thundering footsteps and the sound of attacks going on, either.

I began to see stars and a bright light. The pain in my shoulder was going away as the light got brighter and brighter and brighter. The last thing I heard was the sound of a males voice yelling, "PAISLEY!"

um

so

that

just

happened

HASHTAG SORRY NOT SORRY FOR THE CLIFFHANGER

omfg I think I almost cried while writing this. what'd you guys think?

VOTE!!

COMMENT!!

THE MORE I GET THE SOONER I UPDATE:) JUST SAYING