Chapter 15

"Clay you said your mom had died when you were three. Lindley do you know how old you are?" I asked her.

"I'm nineteen," she answers firmly, wanting to figure this out just as much as I did.

"Clay it all lines up! You would have only been three so you wouldn't have remembered having a sister at such a young age! And your mom could have died giving birth to Lindley!" I exclaimed.

"It does all line up," he said quietly. "But I have this feeling that we're missing something. Werewolves don't typically die from giving birth," he said, looking deep in thought. "Especially when it's only one child."

That thought stumped all of us. "Is the beta from your fathers time of being alpha still alive? Maybe he would know something," I asked.

"Yeah," Clay nodded.

"What if we go and talk to him?" I suggested."You can mind link him to come over the border and talk to us." Clay nodded.

"Not right now though. We can figure it all out after we rescue the daughters. They're more
important right now," he said. I could tell he was dying to know the truth, the look on his face said it all, but I agreed with him that finding the alpha's daughters was the most important thing right now.

"We're going to bring you two home," Clay spoke to Chloe and Bella, then he turned to Lindley. "Do you want to stay with us or do you want to go home?"

She looked traumatized at the decision she had to make. "I-I don't know. Can I stay?" He nodded.

"I can teach you to fight so you can defend yourself," Clay said, and she nodded.

"Where are you packs located?" I asked Chloe and Bella.

"Crescent Moon is in north western Washington, right on the coast. Ash Wood is right next to it," Chloe answered.

"We'll get you guys home as soon as possible," I said.

"But what if we, or I, want to stay with you guys? Clay can teach me to fight, and you'd have more people to save all the alpha's daughters," Chloe said.

Clay and I looked at each other. This isn't a good idea, he groaned.

I know, they should just be going back to their families, I agreed. But at the same time they should have a right too. Who knows, they might know about more locations.

But what if ones of them gets killed? Clay asked.

I don't know. I don't want it to end like that, I sighed. Clay nodded. I think we should ask them if they know anything that could help us, but I don't to be responsible for their deaths.

That's a good idea. No matter how much Chloe tries to come with us, don't agree, Clay said.

"Hello?" Chloe asked. I shook my head and looked at her.

"We were mind linking," I explained. "We know that you want to come but neither of us think it's a good idea."

"But..."

"Chloe, your going to want to go back to your family. And what if you end up dying? I don't want to live with the fact that anyone's does
in this," Clay explained.

"Fine," she huffed.

"But do you have any information that could help up? Anything you might have overheard," I asked.

"We all heard bits and pieces while we were out of our cells," Lindley said.

"We heard that another daughter was kidnapped earlier this week, and she was being taken right along the border of Washington in Canada," Chloe said. Phillips head flew up and stared at her.

"Do you know anything else about that kidnapping?" He asked, approaching her.

"No, only the location," Chloe said, taking a step back from Phillip.

"Damn it," he growled, looking down. He started pacing back and forth in the clearing.

"It's his mate," I explained to a very confused looking Chloe. Her face filled with realization as she gave a slight nod.

"That's all I know about his mates kidnapping," Chloe said. "When are we going back home?"

"We'll probably start the journey today. We want to get you guys home as soon as possible," Clay said, digging through his back pack.

"Alright," Chloe sighed. She walked over and sat down against a tree, playing with the sticks and leaves around her. I looked around and my eyes landed on Bella, who was sitting by a little pond with her legs dipped into it. I started walking over to her.

"Hey," I smiled, taking off my shoes and socks and rolling up my pants before dipping my feet in. She turned to look at me and smiled, then turned back to staring at the water.

We sat in a comfortable silence, the water soaking into our feet. The leaves around us were turning red and orange, and most of the trees were becoming bare.

"Hey," came a soft voice, and I immediately knew it was Clay. He sat down next to me and stuck his feet in the water too.

"Hey," I sighed, leaning into him.

I love you, he mind linked me. A small smile formed on my face.

I love you too, I smiled, closing my eyes as I rested my head on his shoulder. What are we going to do after Bella and Chloe are back in their packs?

Go get Avalon now that we know the general location, Clay said. If we didn't go there first Phillip would probably leave and do it himself.
I knew Clay well enough that a small smirk was probably on his face.

Yeah, I sighed, turning my head to look at him. His face turned to stare at me, his blue eyes full of life. How did I get so lucky to have the perfect mate?

We both got lucky with a perfect mate, Clay smiled, and he pressed his lips to mine.

"You guys are cute together," Lindley smiled,
plopping down on the other side of Clay.

"Thank you," I smiled, blushing a little. A small chuckle escaped Clays mouth at my embarrassment. "Hey!" I gasped, playfully hitting his shoulder. Lindley and Bella both let out a laugh.

"So how did you two meet?" Lindley asked.

"He and Phillip helped my family to find me. I wanted to thank them so my mom invited them over and we found out we were mates," I explained.

"Wait, were you taken too?" Lindley asked.

"Yeah," I sighed, pushing the bile down my throat. My heart rate sped up and I started to take deep breaths. Clays hand start rubbing my back in a soothing matter.

Lindley looked taken aback, and I was thankful to have Clay there to explain it. "She gets a lot of anxiety whenever she thinks about it or talks about."

"Oh my god I am so sorry!" Lindley gasped, her eyes wide.

"It's okay," I said quietly. "You didn't know."

"But it should have been obvious," Lindley said.

"Don't beat yourself up about it. It's okay," I smiled, completely curling up into Clays side. Like always, his touch calmed me down.

Lindley nodded but she turned her head and looked into the water, not saying anything. "We should probably head out soon. The sooner we get Bella and Chloe back the sooner we can get Avalon," I told Clay.

He nodded, kissed my temple, and helped me up.

Sorry it took a while but I had writers block through out the entire chapter!! I hope you guys enjoyed it though!!

Who's your favorite character so far?

VOTE!

COMMENT!