Chapter 14

"Look under bushes, behind trees. Anywhere that would be a good spot to hide," I said. "We should probably go in two different directions to search."

"I'll go this way," Phillip muttered, and he shifted and ran off. Clay and I started walking in another direction, looking closely anywhere where some type of door could be concealed.

I was freaking out that I could be wrong, or maybe we wouldn't find an entrance and wouldn't be able to save the girls. What if I completely failed and one of us ends up dying?

"Pais, stop thinking like that. It's okay if this isn't an actual location. We're not going to get mad if it isn't. One mistake won't hurt," Clay said, pulling me into his arms.

Tears welled up in my eyes. "I just feel like it's my duty to save all the daughters. I'm the one person who knows more about this than anyone that could actually help and I don't want to fail," I admitted, trying to hide the tears that fell down my face by burying my face in Clays chest.

"Paisley, we will keep searching until every last one of the daughters is found. I promise," Clay whispered, planting his lips on mine.

We searched for another hour and found nothing. I was on the verge of tears again held them, not wanting to break down again because Clay was right.

We walked back into the clearing and Phillip was there, pacing back and forth. At the sound is us approaching his snapped up and he hurried forward. "I found it! It's a trap door hidden in a cave behind a waterfall!"

I breathed out a sigh in relief. "Now we form a plan," I said.

~~~~

We set out at midnight, following Phillip to the location. We quietly snuck into the cave and he lead us to the trapdoor. "I'll go first," Phillip whispered, and he opened it up. A loud creaking sound echoed around the walls of the cave making me cringe.

Phillip jumped down, ignoring the ladder hanging down the side. "You go down, I'll be right behind you," Clay said, helping me over.

I hopped down on the last ledge and moved out of the way to make room for Clay. "Let's go," I said as soon as he was down, and we set off along the passage way.

The walls were stone, and we had to use our night vision so we wouldn't bump our heads on the ceiling or parts sticking out of the walls. The stone was cool and slick, perfect to accidentally cut yourself on.

We walked along the passage way for at least an hour before we reached a door, a lock attached to it. "We can't just knock it down. We have to get in as quietly as possible," I whispered.

"Do you have any bobby pins?" Phillip asked me.

"Yeah," I nodded, taking one out of my hair and handing it to him. He knelt down by the lock and a couple seconds later I heard a click.

He quietly opened the door and we were in another hall, only this time it wasn't made of natural resources. There were two sets of stairs, one leading up and one leading down. Voices were coming from above. "Stay downstairs with the daughters until we come and get you," Clay said, kissing me quickly before him and Phillip ran upstairs. I hurried downstairs and was met with a row of cells.

Three girls were each in one, looking terrified at the sight of me. "I'm not going to hurt you. My name is Paisley Whitefield. I'm here to save you. Who are you?" I asked, taking the second and last bobby pin out of my hair and getting to work on the first cell.

A sickening crack was heard and all of a sudden sounds of growling and things being broken was heard, and one of the girls let out a small cry.

The first one to speak had blood matted in her silky blond hair, her hazel eyes dull and full of all kinds of emotion, but the clearest one was fear. "My name is Chloe Stone. I'm from the crescent moon pack."

The second one to speak had dark, almost black hair, and dark eyes to match it. Her face looked so familiar but I just couldn't pinpoint where. "My name is Lindley Becker, I don't know what pack I'm from, I was taken right after I was born. And this is Bella Hansen from the Ash Wood pack. She's mute." Bella, the smallest one and by the looks of it the youngest, maybe thirteen or fourteen, had blonde hair and blue eyes, looking at me with curiosity filling them.

The fighting from upstairs had stopped, and Clayton and Phillip came barreling around the corner. Lindley let out a terrified gasp. "It's okay. They're here to save you guys too," I said, pulling her into me for a hug. Her body was shaking but she rested her head on my shoulder.

"Let's go," Clay said, and I nodded in agreement, pulling away from Lindley. We lead the girls back to the stone passage way. Phillip went first, then me, then the girls, and Clayton coming last. The walk back didn't seem to take quite as long, passing by in a blur. We reached the open trap door and Phillip hoisted himself up, helping me up as well.

Chloe came up, then Bella, then Lindley. Clay came up last and closed the trap door before standing straight up, right next to Lindley and I gasped. That's why she looked so familiar.

Clay and Phillip both snapped their head to me and a Clay took two long strides before he was in front of me. "Are you alright?"

"Go stand next to Lindley again!" I said, pointing hurriedly I've there, getting excited. He looked at with a confuse expression but did as he was told. Phillip let out a sound and I turned to him. "Do you see it!" I asked excitedly. He nodded, a smile forming on his face.

"Clay your last name is Becker, right?" I asked quickly, not even embarrassed that I didn't know exactly what my mates last name was.

He nodded. "Yeah, but why does that matter?"

"My last name is Becker," Lindley said softly, looking down at the ground.

"Clay, I think she's your sister!"

"What?" He gaped, looking between me an Lindley.

"I was taken right after I was born," Lindley said, her eyes lighting up.

"I don't know," Clay said quietly.

don't forget to vote and comment!!