Chapter 7

I didn't listen to anyone calling my name behind me, I only ran. I could feel Clay at my heels and that was the only person I wanted with me right now. I shifted into my wolf so I could run faster because I heard everyone else run out behind me.

Clay wasn't with me but with my wolf hearing, I could hear that he was telling my parents and Avalon to just let me be for a while. I arrived at the clearing that I had gone to on my twelfth birthday, immediately regretting this.

I shouldn't have gone into the woods alone with my anxiety this high right now. The woods is only going to make it worse. Clay appeared behind my, running his hand up and down my back.

"Pais, shh, it's okay. Your dad didn't mean to scare you," he whispered soothingly. I calmed down soon enough, looking at Clay and motioning for him to shift.

He smirked and took his shirt off and started unbuckling his jeans. I realized what he was doing and quickly turned around to let him undress in peace. "Pais you don't have to look away," he said in a teasing voice.

Well I really didn't want to see that right now, I thought to myself. A wolf that was at least a foot taller walked up next to me, and the blue eyes staring down at me told me it was any mate.

His fur was a chocolatey brown color and it was a beautiful. My fur was a dark grey, almost black color, inherited from my dad.

My mate had big wolfy grin on his face, and he started licking my face in a comforting way. Without showing any signs of escape, I bolted under him and ran off, and heard him start chasing me.

I could feel that I had a huge smile on my face, and I honestly was happy. This was the first time that I had ever ran through the forest in wolf form and I absolutely loved it. Scratch the fact that I didn't like the woods, this was amazing.

I stopped when Clay was all of a sudden in front of me, and I almost crashed into him. He started licking my face again and I only laughed, or what you consider a laugh in wolf form. I turned around and started trotting back in the direction we came from, Clay right beside me.

We reached his clothes and I realized that I had nothing to change into, so I took his shirt in my mouth and went behind a tree. I shifted and pulled his shirt on, immediately falling in love with it. It was covered in his scent and it made me feel safe.

"Do you have pants on?" I called.

"Yes!" He called back, and I knew he was smirking. I walked out from behind the tree and went right up to him, pressing my lips to his.

My hands rested on his bare chest as his arms wrapped tightly around my waist. "You're fur is beautiful," he whispered.

"Thanks," I whispered back, meeting his eyes.

"Are you okay?" He asked, concern and worry laced in his voice.

"I'm good now. I've just never seen my dad like that, and after what happened I guess people yelling or men I don't know give me anxiety," I admitted, looking down at our feet.

"I wouldn't expect any less," he whispered, pressing his lips to mine for a couple seconds.

"You look really hot in my shirt," he said into the kiss. I hummed in satisfaction. "You should start wearing my clothes more often."

"Maybe I will," I said. I did like wearing his clothes and now that I knew he liked it I would.

I went and sat down by the lake and Clay came and sat beside me. He pulled me between my legs so my back was against his chest and he rested his chin on the top of my head. I grabbed one of his hands and started playing with his fingers.

"Tell me about your life before you were taken," Clay said softly.

"Um, Sawyer had found his mate a year before I was taken, but he had known her since kindergarten. They had actually dated all through high school, and everyone had hoped they were mates. They won cutest couple junior and senior year. Maxi was the fashionista. She knew everything there was to know about beauty and fashion. Preston and I were best friends, always pulling pranks on each other or teaming up to pull one on someone else. And Avalon was just one the sweetest girls you would know." I went on and on about my siblings for at least an hour and Clay just sat there and listened, a smile on his face.

My stomach grumbled loudly and I realized that I never got breakfast. "Let's get you something to eat," he laughed, pulling us both up.

"Can I get some pants on first?" I laughed.

"Yeah, let's just go through your window." I nodded in agreement and watched as Clay shifted back into his wolf, motioning for me to get on his back.

I crawled on and leaned over, clinging to his fur. Clay took off through the forest and I held in tightly, burying my face on his back to prevent tears forming in my eyes.

When I didn't feel the wind anymore I looked up and we were approaching my house. "My window is over there," I said, pointing in the direction. Being in his wolf form, Clay was able to jump up onto the roof below my window.

I got off and opened the window, turning around to motion him in but I turned right back around. He had shifted back and didn't have any clothes on. "Pais, I don't care if you see me naked," he said softly.

"I know. I'm just not ready for that," I whispered, embarrassed. I turned back around, keeping my eyes on his. The temptation to look down was overwhelming but I pushed it away no matter how hard it was.

"That's okay if your not ready. We'll wait until you are," he said, a genuine, sweet smile appeared on his face.

"Thank you," I smiled, relieved that he understand. "I'm gonna go get dressed now," I said happily, hopping into my room and running into my closet. I wanted to keep wearing my mates shirt so I slipped on some underwear and a pair of leggings as well as a bra.

I walked out of the closet and bumped right into Clay, who was thankfully dressed this time. "Let's go get some breakfast, I'm hungry," I said, burying my head in his chest. I didn't really want to face my dad or the rest of my family but I needed to eat something.

"Alright. I'll be right by your side the entire time," he said, unwrapping his arms from around me and taking my hand in his. We walked down stairs where everyone was in the kitchen.

My dads head popped up the second we appeared, as he probably smelt me coming. "Paisley I am so sorry," he rushed out, getting up from the stool. The look on his face was so broken and he looked about ready to cry as he waited for me to say something.

"It's okay," I said quietly, looking down at mine and Clay's entwined hands.

"No it's not. I shouldn't have gotten angry at Avalon not telling us about her mate right away. She predicted my reaction and thats why she didn't tell us. I shouldn't have yelled. I should have known that it would scare you. Damn it, I'm such an awful father," he said, the last part more to himself.

I couldn't stand that thought of my dad beating himself up for this so I walked up to him and wrapped my arms around him. His arms cautiously wrapped around me, almost afraid that I would pull away. "No you're not. You never gave up looking for me, even after seven years. Your an awesome father, please stop beating yourself up for this," I said quietly.

"I'm just so disappointed in myself that I caused you anxiety," he said.

"I said it's okay. Forget about it," I told him.

"But..."

"No. Now I'm hungry," I smiled.

How do you guys like the story is far??

VOTE AND COMMENT FOR A SOONER UPDATE!!