Chapter 36

"Oh my gosh it's beautiful!" I whispered, amazed at all the decorations throughout the castle. Clay was beside, trying hard not to laugh as we made our way to the entrance. Hundreds of people were around us, everyone wearing fancy dresses or tuxedos. I myself was in a light baby blue dress with a corset style lace up back and a ring of beads along my waist.

(A/N - Paisley's dress is above!)

"Come on, your parents are waiting for us," Clay laughed, trying to hurry me along with lots of troubles. I was too fascinated with the decorations to even realize what I was suppose to be doing. "Paisley!" I finally snapped out of my trance and looked at my mate.

"Right, we have to go meet me parents," I said. He wrapped an arm around my waist and we continued down the hall towards the entrance of the ball room where the ceremony was taking place. Thousands of people were going to be here, and I was going to have to go up into the stage and accept an award in front of all of them. Just the thought of it made my heart rate pick up.

"You okay?" Clay asked, looking down at me. I met his eyes and nodded.

"Just nervous about going up and accepting my award," I sighed. He knew that I was nervous and he nodded in understanding, kissing my temple.

We entered the ballroom and quickly found my parents, as barely anybody was here. My mom pulled me into a hug. "You look amazing, honey," she said, pulling out of the hug and holding me out at arms length and looking at me. "Where's Avalon?" My mom asked.

"Bathroom," I said, laughing a little bit. Because of her pregnancy, she's been constantly having to pee left and right. My mom nodded in understanding, laughing with me.

"Hey dad," I smiled, hugging my dad.

Arms wrapped around my from behind and I gasped, my heart rate spiking. I turned around and realized it was Nadia. "Hey!" I said, hugging her tightly. "You look so much better!" And she did. Her skin was back to its honey olive complexion and all of her bruises were gone. She looked completely healthy, not like she had just been through hell and back within the past month.

"Thanks. For saving us and everything," she whispered, pulling me in for another hug.

"All I did was escape," I said, knowing that I was blushing. I already knew I was going to get a lot of this tonight but I feel like I really didn't do anything. I escaped and ran. It was the rest of the alphas and their warriors that really saved the alphas daughters.

"You escaped and was able to tell your dad where we were and he rescued us! Whether or not you were apart of the actual rescue, it never would have happened if it hadn't been for you," Nadia said. "Don't feel like you don't deserve it because you do."

More and more people began to fill the ball room. Clay and and I had made our way to the dance floor and were dancing with each other, making each other laugh. "Paisley!" A girl screamed, and I turned around to see Sarah trying to squeeze between people with her crutches, a young man around our age helping out. I hurried over to her so she wouldn't have to and pulled her in for a hug.

"I'm so glad your okay," I said, pulling away. "How's your leg doing?" Clay had filled me in on what had happened after I had gotten shot in the shoulder, and one of the things he told me was that Sarah had broken her leg.

"It's healing quickly. I only have to be on the crutches for about another week. The only reason I've even been on them so long is because the bone completely snapped in two," she explained.

"That sounds awful!" I gasped.

"Anyways, I wanted to thank you for saving all of us. It never would have happened if you hadn't escaped." I nodded, pulling her in for another hug. "Oh, and this is my mate, Brian," she introduced, gesturing to the man who had been helping her earlier. "Brian, this is Paisley and her mate, Clayton."