Chapter 16

This chapter is dedicated to Di_zee because they always comment on every chapter and it just makes my day so much better to know that people like what I'm writing!!

"What if my parents don't remember me?" Chloe asked quietly, concentrating on her feet as we set off.

"How old were you when you were kidnapped?" I asked her, wrapping my arm around her shoulder.

"I was nine. Obviously I have grown but what if they replaced me? What if they had another child?" She began to panic and her eyes were welling with tears.

"Chloe, I'm sure if they do have another kid they'll love you just the same. And you'll have a little brother or sister if they did," I comforted. "When I got back my parents had had another kid but it wasn't to replace me. I'm sure your parents weren't trying to replace you if they had another kid."

"You're right. But what if they don't know who I am and they don't believe me?" Tears were rolling down her face and she pushed her blonde hair away from her face.

I reached over and pulled her into my arms, soothingly rubbing her back. "Chloe it's okay. If they honestly don't believe that you're heir daughter you can get a blood test done," I reassured her.

"I know. I don't know why I'm getting so emotional over this," she said. She pulled away and wiped the tears away, offering me a smile.

"It's going to be okay," I smiled back.

"Ready to go?" Clay asked, approaching us and wrapping an arm around my lower back.

"Yeah," I said, turning to look at him and standing on my toes to kiss his cheek. "Let's get you two home," I said, turning to Chloe and Bella.

"How are we going to do this?" Clay asked. "I don't think you three will be strong enough to shift yet," he said, motioning to Lindley, Chloe, and Bella.

"I think I'm strong enough to shift now. I'm not strong enough to keep up with you guys but I can carry Bella, she's the smallest," I said confidently.

"Are you sure?" Clay asked.

"It's only a couple hours away and as long as you two don't go at full speed I think I can keep up," I said.

"If you start to get tired let me know. You and Lindley can ride on me and Bella and Chloe can ride on Phillip," he said softly. I nodded.

Clay, Phillip and I shifted into our wolves, and the three girls climbed on. Clay took off and Phillip and I followed him. I was able to keep up with them and Bella was so tiny that she wasn't weighing me back.

Are you doing alright? Clay asked. At least an hour had passed and I felt fine. My heart was beating quickly but I didn't feel tired yet.

I'm fine, I told him, brushing against his side. He looked over at me, his eyes standing out against his fur.

We ran for another two hours before we hit the border to the Ash Wood pack. Bella's pack.

The girls climbed off of us and we shifted back to our human form. I was exhausted from the run and I almost clasped as I stood up. An arm was wrapped tightly around my waist and multiple signs told me it was my mate.

"Pais are you okay?" He asked hurriedly, turning my body so I was facing him.

"I just need some water," I managed to breath out. He nodded, picking my up bridal style. "I can wal-"

"No you can't. I'm carrying you to the pack house and you're riding on me to Chloe's pack and we'll rest there," he said sternly, and I was so exhausted that I didn't bother putting up a fight. I laid my head on his chest and sighed, still breathing heavily. I wasn't even using my legs but they still felt like jello hanging limply over my mates arm.