Chapter 8

"Clay we should probably go back to your pack soon," I said randomly, looking up from the tv. There was some random movie playing but neither of us had been paying much attention to it. I had been playing with his hand and he had just been smiling down at me almost the entire time.

A week had passed since the whole incident with my dad. We had both forgotten about it and our relationship was mostly back to normal, although he had been a lot more cautious around me. I just let it go because at least he wasn't beating himself up about it.

"Whenever you're ready is when we'll go," he said, shifting us so I was laying on top of him, my chin resting on his bare chest.

"Ok." I leaned over and pressed my lips to his, my hands on his chest holding me up. He kissed me back immediately, his hands gripping my hips. He rolled us over so I was on my back, his forearms on either side of my head so he wasn't crushing me.

I brought my hands up his neck so they were resting around his jawbone, deepening the kiss. Making a decision I knew I wouldn't regret, I whispered, "Mark me."

"Are you sure?" Clay whispered against my lips. I nodded and moaned a little as his lips kissed down my jaw and down to the little area between my neck and collarbone. His canines grazed my skin before sinking in and marking me as his. I let out a yelp of pain but then it was over.

His lips found mine again and this time it was desperate. We both sat up in the bed and his shirt came off, letting my hands slide freely over his muscular chest. His fingers found the hem of the shirt I was wearing and slowly starting lifting it up, almost like he was asking for permission.

"Just do it," I breathed into the kiss.

My shirt was lifted over my head, our lips separated for a mere second but that only made me want more. I was laid back down on my back, the kiss getting more and more desperate.

"Do you want this to continue? Because if we go any farther I don't think I'll be able to stop," Clay whispered, his lips centimeters away from mine.

"I don't want to go any farther but I want to keep kissing you. Can you keep control?" I asked, my eyes closed as I listened to his heavy breathing.

"I'll try but if I feel myself losing control we have to stop," he whispered back. That was all I needed to hear before I hooked my arm around his neck and pulled his lips back onto mine. We rolled over again so he was below me, which only allowed me to deepen the kiss.

The kiss was like nothing I had ever experienced before. It was desperate and passionate for both of us. It was full of so much want and need for each other that I didn't know what I would do without him anymore. I had only met him a week ago but I would rather die then live without him.

I was rolled back onto my back and let Clay deepen the kiss even more. "You're so beautiful," he whispered, making a smile appear on my face through the kiss.

My door was slammed open and I yelped, grabbing the comforter and pulling it over me. Clay fell back next to me, a small groan escaping his lips. I glared at the person who entered, and it just so happened to be my dad.

"Hey dad," I said awkwardly, a smile plastered on my lips. "What's up?"

"What's going on?" He asked, looking between my and my mate with a pointed look.

"Dad, just tell us why you came in here," I said, obviously not wanting him to know what had been happening before he interrupted.

"Well, I've been doing more in depth research on the group that kidnapped you, and it wasn't just them. They were working for a larger facility who has branches all over North America. They've been kidnapping daughters of alphas for the past twenty years. You're the first to get away," my dad explained.

"Okay, why couldn't this have waited until morning?" I inquired, and I knew I sounded annoyed. I wasn't purposely trying to but I wanted to go back to making out with my mate.

"Well, I found a piece of critical information tonight. Their not out to just kidnap all the alphas daughters for nothing. They want revenge for something that happened centuries ago," he explained. "Most packs have forgotten it by now, but the rouges haven't."

"Can I please get a shirt on and then we can discuss this?" I asked. He looked like he wanted to say something but he left quickly, slamming the door in the process.

"Oh my god, that was so embarrassing," I laughed, falling back next to Clay.

"I thought he would've reacted differently," Clay admitted, laughing with me. I grabbed the shirt I had been wearing, which was actually Clay's, and tugged it over my head.

"Put your shirt on, I want to know more about what my dad found," I said, pulling him out of the room with his shirt half on.

"So do I, calm down," he laughed, running with me to my dads office. I didn't bother knocking and just let myself and Clay in, and both of us sat down on a couch in the corner, where I curled up into his side.

"What happened that made the rogues want revenge?" I asked my dad before he could say something about the way Clay and I were sitting. Neither if us was going to move so no use fighting about it.

My dad eyed us both, probably knowing what I was doing but he started explaining. "Within the first two centuries of werewolf's existing, there was a group in North America who didn't like the way that the ruling worked. There were numerous members from each pack who all teamed up together and rebelled against all the packs secretly. Well, the alpha king found out and immediately had them all hunted down and thrown out of the packs. That's why there are rogues. And now it looks as if they are trying to rebel again with a different method. Kidnapping all the alphas daughters."

"How do you know that their kidnapping other alpha's daughters?" I asked, looking at Clay with concern before turning back to my dad.

"Alphas are very prideful. We hate to ask for help no matter how much it's needed. But Alpha Hunter called all the alphas after the group kidnapped another one of his daughters. Many alpha's then admitted that their daughters had been kidnapped as well," my dad explained.

"So there are other alpha daughters being kidnapped?" My dad nodded.

I let out a sigh and closed my eyes. Talking about this only brought back bad memories, and the anxiety in my chest was starting to build up. "We need to do something. We can't just let them continue to do this," I said quietly, inhaling Clays scent to calm my anxiety.

"You, Maxi, Avalon and Brinley are going to have personal guards now. I don't want to risk anything happening to you guys," my dad said, getting up from his chair and starting to lace the room.

I didn't argue because I didn't want to get taken again and I didn't want my sisters to get taken either. "You two can go now. I just needed to discuss that with you," my dad said.

"Alright. Goodnight," I said, getting up and hugging him before leaving the room with Clay.

"We need to think of a plan to get all the girls out," I said to Clay as we walked back to my room.

"I know. We'll come up with something tomorrow," he whispered. We reached my room and the second the door was closed my back was pressed against the door and Clays lips were centimeters from mine.

"Now, where were we," he whispered, a grin appearing on his face.

"I believe we were right here," I whispered, slipping his shirt over his head. His fingers lifted the bottom of my shirt slowly, and I lifted my hands up so it easily went over my head.

"You're so beautiful," Clay whispered, trailing his finger across my stomach. I let out a soft moan at the feeling, his fingers leaving trails of sparks wherever they went.

I couldn't take it anymore so I pressed my lips to his, and he responded to it just as aggressively. I was picked up, his hands directing my thighs around his waist before bringing us over to the bed.