Chapter 35

"Mom, I promise that I'll come and visit soon," I assured her, hugging her.

"I know. I'm just sad because you've finally grown up and so much time got taken away from me to watch you grow up," she sniffled.

"Dad, I'll be fine! Don't worry about me!" Avalon said, hugging our dad one last time.

Clay, Phillip and Lindley were already in the car. They were just waiting on our parents, because they wouldn't let us go. "Mom, you have to let go of me," I said softly. She nodded, letting go of my and watching me hop into the passenger seat of the car. Avalon crawled in to the backseat next to Phillip and got buckled in, waving goodbye.

"Bye mom and dad! I love you, we'll be back to visit soon!" I called before shutting the door.

"I think we'll have to be back to visit soon," Clay laughed, and I nodded. I grabbed my earbuds and phone and started listening to music, falling asleep within ten minutes of the ride.

~~~~

"Paisley," a soft voice said. I opened my eyes and saw my the familiar blue green eyes staring at me. "We're home."

It was dark outside as I crawled out of the car. Phillip and Avalon weren't here and I could only assume that they were at the pack house.

Clay had pulled his car into a huge garage. There were three other cars in it, all of them nicer then the car he had driven to my old pack lands. There was a large workbench on the far side and a door that I assumed just lead to outside.

Clay woke up Lindley and we all grabbed our suitcases and followed Clay inside. He lead us through a back entry way and the kitchen, all looking absolutely amazing. There was dark hard wood flooring throughout the areas that we saw, and it contrasted nicely with the white trim and cabinets and light grey walls. We both followed him upstairs to a large hallway.

He opened one door, and stood aside. "You can stay in here, Lindley," he said. She nodded, rolling her suitcase into the room. I dropped my suitcase right where it was and followed after her, throwing myself into the bed as she opened her suitcase. She laughed.

"I'm so happy that you and Clay really are siblings. He always wanted a brother or sister, you know," I said.

"I'm happy too," she smiled, closing the door so she could put on a pair of pajamas. My mom and I had taken her shopping a couple days ago so she could get some clothes to last herself a couple days. We were gonna go shopping again in a couple of days so she could actually get a full wardrobe.

Our room is the one at the end of the hall on the right, Clay mind linked me.

I'll be in there in a little bit, I smiled.

"I think you're gonna meet your mate soon," I said as Lindley plopped down beside me.

"What makes you say that?" She asked, turning her head to look at me.

"I don't know, I just have this feeling that you will," I laughed.

"I hope so," she sighed. "How are you and Clay doing?" She asked, looking at me with a smirk, one of her eyebrows raised.

"Stop!" I laughed, gently pushing her because I knew what she was referring too.

"Alright alright, but seriously," she said, putting her hands up in mock surrender.