Chapter one

Elizabeth's POV.
My laptop started beeping, indicating an incoming Skype call. I opened it up to see the familiar faces of Ashley, CC and Andy.

"Hey guys! Wait, where are jake and jinxx?"

"They're in America visiting family. How are you doing?" Replied Ashley.

"You're not in America? I'm well, thanks by the way"

"No, we're In England, Leeds actually. We're coming to visit tomorrow. You don't mind?"

"Of course not! I'm so excited. I can't wait until next year when I can get out of this hell hole. It's bloody miserable. The people are peasants who call me emo and tell me to cut myself. They never have any wifi, I stole it from next door, and I miss you guys. You're always off on tours and stuff! It's awesome and inspiring but also kind of depressing"

"Yep, I know that feeling. How are you getting on with your electric guitar? You any good yet?"

"I can play any song of My Chemical Romance if you let me listen to it a couple of times. I've nearly learned all of yours. I've composed a couple of my own songs too, and taken up singing"

"Nice! Anyway, it's late. I just wanted to say hi, see you tomorrow!"

"Yeah, bye!"

"Bye!" Said the boys collectively before the connection went black.

I walked outside to go to the bathroom, only to be cornered by becky. Becky was the queen bïtch of the foster home.

"Hey, emo, who was that on Skype?" She asked.

"They were my godparents, I guess"

"Are they emo fags like you?"

I had had enough. I reached out and slapped her, turning around to return to my room, only to find that my way had been blocked by Tyler. He was enormous and muscled, a boxer with a karate black belt.

He went to punch me but I blocked it, unbalancing him. He went to kick my ribs and I didn't notice and my ribs went crunch. The adrenaline had kicked in though and I noticed a weak spot in his guard. I moved forward and slammed my elbow into his teeth, knocking one of them out, causing the oaf to go crashing to the floor.

I stumbled into my room and collapsed on the bed, falling asleep instantly.

I woke up and groaned. My ribs ached and there was a sharp stabbing pain in my elbow. My head was pounding and my vision was slightly blurred. I tried to sit up and cried out in pain.

I climbed out of bed and stumbled to the bathroom, finding some painkillers and taking them.

Half an hour and a healthy dose of Panic! At The Disco, my headache was gone and the pain in my ribs was reduced to a dull ache. I rolled up my sleeve to see bleeding teeth marks in my skin. I cursed under my breath and grabbed a dressing pad and bandage from my drawers and sorted out my elbow. Then I checked the time. It was seven-thirty so I decided to get dressed. I threw on a black veil brides shirt (in support for my visitors), black jeans, a black leather jacket with matching fingerless gloves and plenty of eyeliner, along with dots of black running across my left cheekbone. I'm going for the minimalistic look.

I ran downstairs and grabbed some food before we were all called to the living room. All of the carers were stood in front of the door to the interview room.

"Right, there is a family through there that are looking for a girl between the ages of twelve and fifteen. Anyone who isn't that, please leave" said Joanne, the head carer. Most of the kids here stood up and left, leaving just me and becky.