Chapter Twenty Six

Liz's PoV

I was in the car for hours with Tony. We listened to music silently, occasionally singing along to something we knew the words to.

Finally, it was midnight and Tony was asleep. I pulled into the graveyard I was searching for.

I hopped out of the car and left Tony there.

Tony's PoV

Liz jumped out of the car, thinking I was asleep.

A couple of minutes later, I followed her to two graves that were next to each other.

"Hi mum, dad. I'm here on the day you died again. I'm a bit early though. Technically I'm three minutes early. I didn't bring any flowers because I'm with my friend Tony and he'd think it's weird. I left him in the car. Anyway, what's it like up there? Heaven still treating you well? My life here got better. Much better than a couple of years ago. I found a family again. Andy and ashes are getting married and I'm helping organise the wedding. I'm excited for that. Tony likes Mike and I'm trying to set them up, along with Vic hand Kellin. It keeps my mind off everything..... else. You know what I'm talking about, you're watching me" On the last sentence, she started to choke up and a couple of tears escaped her eyes.

She sat down in the long grass between the graves and looked up at the stars.

"I'm going to sleep here again tonight mum, like I do every year. I'll wake up early though so I can drive off before Tony wakes up. Nobody knows Im here" Liz cried. She curled up in a foetal position on the ground, quietly sobbing into her knees. It hurt to see her so miserable so I went and lay next to her, staring up at the stars. She lay her head into my chest and continued to cry, gut-wrenching sobs wracking her whole body.

I placed my arms over her in an attempt to comfort the crying girl. After a couple of hours of crying, she finally stopped and fell asleep on me, me soon following her.

Liz's PoV

I woke up in a warm pair of arms. I looked up to discover that the warm arms belonged to Tony. We were still asleep between my parents graves.

"Tony, wake up! We need to go before people start getting here"

"Ugh, what time is it?"

"Three thirty. If we set off now, we should be back before anyone notices we went"

"Alright. Let's go" Tony said, standing up.

We walked back to the car in silence and didn't speak for at least half a hour down the road.

"Liz, why didn't you tell me where you were going?" Tony asked awkwardly.

"Because nobody knows that they died today and I'd rather keep that a secret"

"Why keep it a secret?"

"Because, I get really depressed at this time of the year and everyone thinks I'm weak. They already do after the mental break downs I had recently"

"Liz, nobody thinks you're weak. Your parents were killed, you were abused for years, nobody loved you and it's okay to be a bit messed up. You are loved now, by everyone here, especially me. It's okay to break down, it's okay to cry, it's okay to be not okay"

"T-thanks. That means everything to me" I said, trying to choke back a sob.

"You're doing it again, trying not to cry"

"I'll be okay, just give me a minute. Put some music on"

He put on 'missing you' by All Time Low.