Chapter twenty three

Liz's PoV

After five hours, three litres of coffee between us, six snapped pens, two short breaks to walk Gabe and seventeen scrunched up sheets of paper, me, Oli, Tony and Mike had created a song.

"Fucking finally! That sounds amazing, thanks so much for your help, you guys. I mean it" I said, sighing.

"You're welcome! Do you think we should play it to Kellin just to mess him up a bit?" Tony joked.

"Maybe it could work, actually! Make him feel a bit terrible then Vic can be there to pick up the pieces.."

"You are terrible and devious and I love it" Oli mentioned.

"Yep! Anyway, we've been sitting down for two hours and Gabe is bored out of his mind, I'm gonna take him for a walk. Anyone coming?''

"Yeah, I'll come" Oli said, standing up.

"Imma stay here" Tony said.

"Same'' Mike answered, adjusting his position in his bean bag.

Me and Oli walked away into the woods with Gabe.

"I'm so emotionally exhausted after that, it struck a bit too close to home" Oli remarked quietly.

"I imagine it did. Sorry about that"

"It's fine! What do you plan to do with it?"

"No idea, maybe collab with someone and slap it on a new album?"

"Or you could do a side project with me, Tony and Mike? We work well together"

"You have a point, we could call it something like 'overtime' or something and if the fans like it, take it into a full blown project for when we aren't messing around with the original bands"

"Yes! And collab with other famous people!"

"Yep!"

"And merch and stuff"

"Oh, that reminds me, I need a new model for a new line of Drop Dead stuff, the last one left us"

"Oh yeah, I'll help you look for one if you like"

"Actually, I wanted you to do it''

"Why me? I look like a potato"

"You actually really don't, you're really pretty and awesome"

"Thanks! I couldn't model though, I've got squishy bits, unlike every other model"

"That's why I asked you, you are natural and beautiful"

"Eh, thanks. Alright, only of you think I can do it and there's no pervy director or something"

"I'm the director and I'm quite pervy..."

"You don't count"

Oli laughed as we broke into a clearing. I let Gabe off his lead and threw a stick for him, watching as his tiny legs ran after it.

"He really is insanely cute" Oli giggled.

"I know, I'm worried Frank will steal him"

We continued chatting and throwing a stick for around an hour before returning to the base.

I walked over to see that Tony and Mike had arranged the bean-bags into a bed shape and were fast asleep, spooning in the sunshine. I whipped my phone out and snapped a few pictures.