Chapter ten

Liz's POV

I was freaking out. Like, seriously freaking out. Today was my first performance with the boys. What if the fans hate me? What if I screw it all up? Anyway, I was on my way to the rock stage to see Fall Out Boy perform.

They played amazingly and I met them after the show backstage with coffee for them all.

"So, how was it?" Andy asked me as I handed him a cup of coffee.

"That was awesome! I have never seen you perform live but you were amazing!" I praised in excitement.

"Now we need to watch you and panic! kill the fans with new levels of epic-ness!" Joe exclaimed.

"I'm so excited and also terrified. I feel kind of sick..."

"Hey! Don't worry! If you mess up, the others will cover you and stuff"' Patrick said trying to reassure me.

"I really hope it'll go okay. Anyway, who wants to go and see Green Day? They're at the punk stage in fifteen minutes" I said, breaking the tension. There was a chorus of 'yeah!' And we all wandered over to the stage. We used our backstage passes and raced inside.

"Oh my god, look, it's them! Billie Joe looked over here! Oh my god!" Me and Andy said, fangirling.

Billie Joe, Mike and Trè walked over to us, noticing that we were (doing a really crap job of) stalking them.

"Hey! Nice shirt!" Billie Joe said, gesturing to my Black Veil Brides shirt.

"Thanks, it's kind of shameless self promotion if I'm honest" I blushed.

"So, are you going to watch us perform?" Mike asked.

"Yep! That's why we're here"

Green Day went on stage and played for an hour and a half, after which, me and Fall Out Boy found some lunch before going to see Panic! At The Disco perform. They had forty five minutes on stage, after which, I had to sprint to the punk stage to get ready. Someone gave me an earpiece with a microphone which I put on, someone else was tuning my guitar and running to put it in a stand on stage, another person was running around and screaming into a radio about lights and flares.

I caught sight of Ashley standing by the entrance to the stage and I ran over to him.

"Hey! How's it going? You ready?" He asked.

"No, I'm terrified. What if I mess it up?"

"If you mess up, I'll cover you. You're only on backup guitar for now, along with some other stuff. Oh look, that woman has your violin for the first song. Remember, it's 'in the end'"

"I remember. Okay, we've got this" I said, taking a deep breath. Panic! At The Disco came over to wish me luck, and the rest of Black Veil Brides came over, armed with instruments.

"Black Veil Brides on in two minutes!" Screamed a stressed looking woman.

I started shaking and CC noticed, embracing me on a hug in an attempt to calm me down. It worked and by the time we went on stage, I was calm.

There were many screaming fans as we walked on stage, many of them looking confused as to who I was.

We all took our positions and I started with the violin.

Andy growled into the microphone and everything kicked in as I dropped the violin and ran over to the keyboard, continuing to play seamlessly. The fans started to scream along with us. Soon, the song finished and Andy started to speak the fans.

"Hello! How's it going? I must say, you are a very sexy bunch today!" Andy said, earning the cheers of the fans.

"So, you must be wondering who the new member is? Well, this is Liz Purdy. She was adopted by yours truly and she is a member of the band. She is very talented so please be nice to her!" Ashley said. There was a mixed result of cheers from the fans, mostly cheering and offering encouragement while some were booing and screaming hate. Jake came over and whispered in my ear.

"This is where you prove yourself to them" he whispered.

"If you want to hate, that's fine. Just please do it elsewhere, where we don't have to put up with you being whiny bitches. Some of us are trying to have a nice time and I guarantee that none of us can be arsed to put up with your pessimism. I will do my best to live up to expectations" I said, earning awestruck stares from the fans.

A whisper of 'wow' and 'she is awesome' spread across the field as the haters left and the fans remained.

"Now, on a less hater-ey note, let's play some songs!" I yelled.

We played for about half an hour before it happened. I noticed one of the lights above us was creaking as swinging precariously. It was right above a security guard who hadn't noticed it was there. The light crashed down and was still hanging by a few wires.

I leaped off the stage and pushed the security guard out of the way as the light came crashing down, spreading broken glass and crumpled metal everywhere. I landed with a sickening crunch as I re-broke my ribs and broke my nose. I stood up, climbed back on stage and pulled a handkerchief out of my pocket, cleaning up the blood that was dripping off my face. I was in pain but I just picked up my guitar and continued to play like nothing happened.

The show finished and I walked off stage, gingerly poking my ribs to see how many were broken.

"It's the same five" I murmured under my breath as Fall Out Boy and Panic! At The Disco ran up to us.

"That was amazing! You saved that guys life! You're a hero!" Cried Patrick.

"I wouldn't go that far. They work their asses off to keep us safe, I don't see why I shouldn't return the favour"

"Yeah but you smashed up your ribs again and broke your nose. That was irresponsible, you could have told the guy!" Ashley yelled.

"No, he wouldn't have heard over the song. Anyway, it's nothing I haven't dealt with before"

Josh came running up to us and looked at me worriedly.

"What happened? Are you okay?"

"I'm fine, a light fell down and I jumped off stage to save a guy underneath it"

"She smashed up her ribs and face too" Jinxx said.

Josh's eyes darkened.

"Why didn't you stop her? She's all smashed up and you guys are fine with it? What the fuck is wrong with you? You're meant to be looking after her! You shouldn't have adopted her! You can never replace our family!" Josh screamed hysterically. I walked over and slapped him, breaking him out of his fit.

"Oh my god, I am so sorry. I don't know what came over me. Please forgive me" Josh stuttered.

"It's fine" muttered Ashley.

"Right. We need a plan, I'm seriously bored at this point" I said, breaking the tension.

"Hey, whoever is headlining is playing in twenty, let's go!" CC said, grabbing my hand and pulling me away from the boys.

We arrived backstage of the main stage and found a spot to sit. Then, the performers came past us. I gasped as I saw who it was.