Chapter thirteen

Liz's POV

There was a knock at the door of the bus as I was cleaning everyone's glass wounds. I stood up and answered the door to see Patrick, holding Xavi.

"Hi, Liz, can we talk?" He asked.

"Absolutely, I'll be right out" I said.

I told the guys I was going out before I went outside with Patrick.

"So, you wanted to talk, shoot"

"I was wondering if you wanted to do a duet with me? Me and the boys have a performance at ten tonight and I think it's enough time to learn? If it goes well, you could temporarily join the band while we're on tour"

"I'd love to! Let me get my acoustic guitar and we can write something. Be right back" I said, running inside. I grabbed my guitar, ukulele and violin. I ran outside again after dropping Xavi off with the others. Me and Patrick walked over to a clearing where the rest of Fall Out Boy had set up.

We worked for the rest of the day to create a song.

"So, we've got an interview at nine, d'you want to come with?" Asked Andy.

"Sure! Sounds good"

We continued to play for the next couple of hours before getting ready for the interview.

We met up at the interview tent and sat behind a camera with a very peppy, annoying reporter.

"Hi NYC! I'm Anna Thorpe and I'm here with Fall Out Boy and Liz Purdy! Hi guys, how are you doing?" She asked excitedly.

There was a collective murmur of 'we're good' before Anna started asking questions.

"So, Liz, how do you know the boys?"

"Well, we met two days ago. Me and CC turned up at their bus then we went for lunch" I laughed.

"Wow! Are you in a relationship with any of the boys?" The bitch asked me seriously.

"I actually don't think that that is any of your business" I said, shutting her down.

"Oh, alright then. Pete, what has been your favourite part of the festival so far?"

One hour and multiple personal questions later, we were free to go. Me and the boys sprinted over to the main stage and they played, before Patrick introduced me.

I ran onstage and waved at the fans, taking my place behind a microphone.

Me and Patrick started singing together, staring at each other and waiting until the other had finished singing. We were singing in time with the music being played by Andy, Pete and Joe.

We finished the song and the fans roared and applauded. I bowed,  walked offstage and waited for the others to finish.

They finished off with 'jet pack Blues' and walked offstage.

"That was awesome! You guys are amazing" I praised.

"Thanks! The duet went really well, we sing great together"

"Hell yeah, I think I ship it!" Andy exclaimed. I burst out laughing at the idea.

"I'm homoflexible, I doubt it" I said between laughs.

Joe snorted behind me and joined in laughing. After a while, we calmed down.

"Hey, do you need to get back to your bus or do you want to have a barbecue with us and Panic! At The Disco?" Asked Pete.

"I'll join you, if that's okay, I really can't face the others right now"

"Jesus Christ, the interview was intense! They are never usually like that! I can't believe some of the questions she asked! So damn rude" Joe said as we walked to their bus.