Chapter Fifty Two.

TIA'S POV.
My phone begins to vibrate in my pocket, I take it out and look at the caller ID.
Grace.
I hang up and throw my phone back into my pocket.
It goes silent for a few seconds before my phone starts ringing again. I look at my phone once more.
Grace.
"What!" I snap.
"Tia is this you?" Grace whispers.
"Well who else would it fucking be? You called me, not the other way round. What do you want?"
"I have some bad news for you-" Grace begins, but I cut her off.
"You know what I find fucking funny Grace! Everything surrounding you at the minute is bad news!" I snap.
"Tianna your Mother died this morning"
"What?" I gasp, dropping my phone into my lap. I hang up and put it in my bag before placing my head into my hands.
"Tia babe you want to go out for some di-" Harry shouts, walking down the stairs before catching sight of me sobbing into my hands. "Baby what's the matter?" He says dropping to my side and taking me into his arms.
"My mother.." I sob "she died this morning"
"Oh babe.." Harry says, stroking the lower part of my back.

___________________________

TIA'S POV.
I look out the window as all the house move past and I watch silently as the people unaware of today's events go past, carrying on with their day to day duties. Harry places his hand on my thigh and I jump as the coldness of his fingers touch my bare skin.
"You okay babe?" Harry whispers. I look up at him and the look I give him must have answered his question as he gives me a small "Everything is going to be okay" smile.
Today's the day we bury my mother. It's been three weeks since I took the call from Grace and I've mostly spent them weeks tucked up in bed, refusing to speak to anyone and barely eating. I know it's bad for the baby for me not to eat but I couldn't bring myself to and no matter how hard I tried I just couldn't imagine a life without my mother in it. No matter how difficult she'd been, she had only wanted the best for me.
The car comes to a halt and I smooth over the ends of my dress. I'd only bought it yesterday it was a white long maxi dress with a diamond design band going round the section just under my breasts. I'd bought it in the spur of the moment after remembering it was my mothers funeral the next day and honestly if I'm being truthful I just couldn't bring myself to wear something black. I connected black with sorrow and death, and although there had been death and sorrow was occurring, I didn't want to be drowning in the idea. My mother had always been about colour and life and for me as her daughter to wear black, I feel like I would be disrespecting her honour.

"Tia" I hear a young voice call and I spin round to face Charlotte and Nicole. They are stood side by side, holding hands. They're wearing matching black lace dresses and both their hair are braided.
"Hey guys" I muster a smile and take them both into a hug. "How are you both doing?"
"Okay, I guess" Charlotte smiles. "We've been adopted again"
I smile at this news, but wow that was quick.
"That's lovely, I'm proud of you both for being so strong! Although you had barely had chance to live with my mother I know she loved the pair of you!" I say, smiling again.
"We miss her so much!" Nicole whispers, dropping her head.
"So do I" I reply, tears welling in my eyes.
Harry comes and joins my side, the girls look up and take in his appearance. He was wearing a black suit with a crisp white shirt and black tie, because I'd been too busy with my own pity I hadn't even took notice of what he was dressed in and wow he looked incredible.
"Nicole, Charlotte this is Harry, my boyfriend" I smile. Harry takes each of their hands and shakes them. "Harry this is Nicole and Charlotte my sisters"
The girls look up at me with a huge smile plastered across their faces, I'm puzzled for a moment before I realised what I'd said. I'd called them, for the first time, my sisters, not adopted sisters, but my sisters.
"Come on babe, we have to go inside" Harry smiles, putting his hand on the small of my back and leading me inside. My heels make a loud clip-clip noise as I walk down the aisle towards the front and everybody's head turns, when they catch sight of me they give me the "I'm so sorry for your loss but I don't know what else to say " smile and turn around again. I take a seat on the front bench and the funeral ceremony starts.