Black Arrows

The dwarves brought him inside swiftly and put him on Bard's bed. Kili was groaning and moaning in pain, the poison must have taken a bad turn. Bofur kept running back an forth with bowls of hot water to clean the wound. I helped where I could.
"Can you not do something?" Asked Fili, clearly worried for his brother.
"I need herbs," said Oin "Something to bring down his fever." Bard immediately rushed away and brought back several jars of different healing herbs.
"Nightshade, Fever Few," recited Bard, reading the labels aloud to Oin.
"They're of no use to me," said Oin "Do you have any Kingsfoil?"
"No it's a weed," said Bard "We feed it to the pigs."
"Pigs?" Asked Bofur. His face suddenly changed, as if having some sort of revelation.
"Pigs...Weed...Right," Bofur said, running over to the other dwarves.
"Don't move," he said to Kili before rushing out in search of Kingsfoil.
~{<>}~
Kili's cries were getting weaker, the poison was affecting him more than ever. Oin had to draft in both Aleron and me to help. Suddenly, a great shock wave came through the house and dust fell from the ceiling.
"Da?" Asked Sigrid. Bard looked concerned.
"It's coming from the mountain," said Bain. Fili turned and spoke to Bard.
"You should leave us," he said "Take your children and get out of here."
"And go where?" Asked Bard "There is nowhere to go." Bard began to look hopeless.
"Are we going to die, da?" Asked Little Tilda, tears in her eyes.
"No, darling," he said, shaking his head.
"The dragon, it's going to kill us," Tilda said, her face starting to look as hopeless as her father. Bards face suddenly hardened with courage and he looked up to something hidden in the rafters. He yanked it down, revealing a great arrow.
"A black arrow," I whispered to myself.
"Not if I kill it first," he said, courage alighting in his eyes. He turned to me.
"Look after them, keep them safe," he said.
"I will," I vowed. He turned to Bain.
"Look after your sisters," he said.
"I'm coming with you da," he said. Bard went to protest but then sighed and nodded.
"Da," said Little Tilda.
"Yes?" Asked Bard.
"Come back safe," she said "Both of you."
She threw herself into her fathers arms. The other two came and hugged their father before he bade the girls farewell and disappeared with his son into the night.