The Hidden Pass

Bilbo's POV
Thorin came sliding down into the cavern, something in his arms.
"W-Where's Eleana?" I asked, sounding a little more fearful than I wanted to. She and Gandalf were the only people that made me feel welcome in the company. Thorin looked down at what he had cradled in his arms.
~{<>}~
It was Eleana. She was still in wolf form and was as limp as a rag doll in his arms. Her side had been badly bitten, blood running down her side from the puncture marks. I felt a little faint.
"She saved my life," stated Thorin "She attacked a warg to stop it harming me."
"I-is sh-she..." I stammered, unable to keep my eyes off her bleeding side. Thorin shook his head.
"She's still breathing," he said "Oin, tend to her." He laid her down upon the stone floor and Oin began trying to patch her up, unfazed by the blood that  staining her golden fur.
~{<>}~
A horn blast suddenly filled the air, making the company go silent, listening. The sound of hooves and shrieks from the orcs and wargs filling the air. I held onto the hilt of the sword Gandalf had given me, wondering what it was that had come to our aid. Suddenly, an orc fell into the cave, an arrow in its chest. Gandalf pointed his staff at it, but it was dead. Thorin bent down and pulled the arrow from its chest, staring at the tip in disgust.
"Elves," he hissed, throwing it away swiftly as if it were a snake about to bite him.
"Wh-why do you hate them so much? Eleana's an elf," I asked timidly. Thorin merely glared at me coldly before looking to Dwalin, who was peering down an odd pathway at the side of the cave.
"I cannot see where the pathway leads," said the dwarf "Do we follow it or not?"
"Follow it of course," said Bofur, quickly following Dwalin down the path. Oin looked to Thorin, tying off some bandages he had hastily tied around her.
"That's the best I can do with the time I've had laddie, she needs rest and I need to stitch her up," he said. Thorin nodded silently, picking up the limp body of the wolf. He seemed quieter than usual, I would have said he was worried but it was hard to tell. There was something going on, and I couldn't put my finger on it.
~{<>}~
The pathway seemed never-ending, yet the dwarves ploughed on, Gandalf with them. Thorin continued to carry Eleana, who had not stirred. His face was pale, and he kept glancing down at her, looking for signs of life. Slowly, the pathway began to open out, and before me I saw a beautiful valley.
"The valley of Imladis," said Gandalf "In the common tongue it is known by another name."
I smiled, mesmerised.
"Rivendell."