Late Night Meeting (S)

TW: None

There were moments he stopped to question how they came to this agreement of theirs, this messy situation that they both agreed to get themselves into, this... this complete madness that just worked so well that it terrified them with its success. It was complete chaos, but at the same time so amazing.

"Strifey? Striiiiiifffeeee?"

The cheerful voice bounced through his head, hitting the walls of his mind in its well known bubbly manner and overall breaking through whatever energy he had left to spend on his usual work. There was no chance to get anything done now.

The cold air night made its way inside the stuffy office through the wide open window, ruffling their hair with a harsh 'whoosh' noise before it disappeared, only to be replaced by another gust of freezing air. It was late December, yet besides the low temperatures there was no way one could tell it was just a few days after Christmas. No snow or anything.

"Yes, Parv? I'm trying to work here."

Even though his voice didn't hold much more than an exhausted note to itself, deep down Will was glad to see his partner back at the Strife Solutions tower alive and kicking. It was a relief to see him standing there, lips curled up in that usual cheeky grin that he adored so much.

"Aaww, don't be such a downer. I'm back!"

"I can see that quite well."

Tired emerald orbs finally looked up from the white paper with small and cursive handwriting it had been resting on for the past hour or so, straining to see the smiling teen just a few steps away from the massive dark oak wood desk before he rubbed them followed by a yawn.

Deciding that standing on the worn out chair and staring at his friend was doing nothing to profit their current situation, the CEO of Strife Solutions stood up and stretched, a few bones popping as he did so, then walked over to Parv. His eyes trailed over his body, inspecting him to make sure he wasn't hurt.

"Your shoulder was grazed by a bullet."

"Strifeykins, you have to tell me how you keep doing that. I bandaged myself on the way here."

It was a complete mystery to the boy how Will could always tell where he had been hurt on his 'jobs'. It was as if he had another sense or secretly followed him in the shadows, none of which was true.

"Just a feeling, that's all."

Slowly, but surely the duo began making their way to their home, chatting about this and that, about anything, nothing and everything in-between. Mindless chatter for the most part until the majestic palace came into view with its dark grey walls, the iron fences lining the walkways, the apparently inexistent door; they all did nothing to make the place seem welcoming, but they didn't care about it. It was their home, their little safe place in which they could drop their worries for a while and just be themselves.

"You've been very quiet the past few days. Something up?"

Normally Strife wouldn't voice his worries out loud, but when it came to Parvis, he couldn't help, but wonder what happened to him. Sure, the blood mage didn't have an easy job, but he seemed to be doing better before. Now he looked just as drained as him, sluggishly dragging his feet after him.

"Hmm?"

For the first time in what could had been very well forever, the usual cheery attitude wasn't present. A rather exhausted, almost as if the life had been sucked out him, expression was making its presence known on his features.

"Ah, it's nothing. The last few victims had been a pain to get rid of, but other than that everything is a-okay."

It was there for a brief moment. The sincere smile he reserved only for Strife. Just briefly, but enough to assure the green eyed teen that he was alright.

The fact that Parv could keep on smiling so carefree like nothing was wrong in the world while working as an assassin, killing both those who caused problems to Strife Solutions and the ones he was hired to get rid off, baffled the poor businessman to no end. His friend was a walking contradiction, a person who could kill in cold blood and still be loving towards those he cared for.

"Strife be care-"

It only took him a second to realise what was going on, but by then it was too late. Since he was deep in thoughts and not really paying attention to where he was walking, aside from the fact that he was in stride with the blood mage, Will managed to walk right into the secret door, smacking against it quite painfully. That was certainly going to leave a mark.

"-ful! You okay?!"

"I just walked into a wall, do I look okay to you Parv?!"

"I mean, you look alright aside the fact you're bleeding slightly."

A light sigh was all the response that was given to the teen before Will stomped inside their base then down the stairs. It was going to be a long night. Or early morning.

Credit to yogshipperinc on tumblr