Night Walk (S)

TW: None

How late was it? One am? Two or maybe even three am? There was no way Will could tell the exact time without having to get out of his warm and comfortable bed so he could properly access his chest with all his stuff and check the time. There were no windows either, time having flown too fast with them making sure the whole palace was safe to live in and being too tired to make them so the only company, aside from Parv who was in a bed all the way to the other side of the room, was the soft glow given by the torches. They did nothing to help, but it was better than to be in complete darkness.

Judging by how hard his roommate was snoring, it must had been pretty late into the night. So why was Strife up then? Well, that question may had many answers if he were to be honest: thinking about their work plan for the next day, mulling over the events in the previous day etc. etc. But were any of those on his mind? Not really.

Sighing deeply, the CEO of Strife Solutions swung his legs over the edge of his bed and onto the freezing cobblestone floor. They should get carpets going on there soon. This was unacceptable.

After he made sure that he didn't disturb the blood mage, it was still a wonder how he managed to convince him not to share a bed, Will stretched and carefully made his way to the Altar Room then over to the altar itself. The sight and smell of the blood made his stomach churn, but he pushed it down and continued to stare at the once white marble surface, now stained in gore and magic.

"Parv, Parv, Parv... You have no idea what you're getting into."

Something akin to a sad smile tugged at his lips as he walked around the altar, his fingers tracing invisible lines on the white and red surface. The blood sitting at the bottom of the indent was still fresh, still red as if it had just been poured in there something that wasn't true. The blood had been sitting there for a good few hours, but the shades and the way it was swirling around was still as fascinating as ever.

"You will never learn, will you. This potty-mouth wizard stuff is going to be the end of you."

After the nth time of circling the blood altar, Will's eyes drifted over to the sorting system. The Sacrificial Knife must be there. Oh, the temptation of grabbing it in order to use it and add his own blood to the amount that already was in the cursed altar. So powerful. Calling to him sweetly, promising him that it'd benefit the blood mage in the end.

"No, no. What I did in college, stays in college. I'm helping him, but I'm not going to dirty my hands again."

Sleepy footsteps shuffled across the floor in a silent march towards the balcony on the first floor in an attempt to get away and forget, even if for just a moment, about the whole mess they got themselves into.

The cold night air hit him at full force once he was outside, but he didn't complain about. More so, the feeling was actually welcome and it helped clear his mind somewhat. Luckily enough, no mobs were around so he could relax for a bit before heading back to sleep.

Credit to yogshipperinc on tumblr