Chapter 267

Bruno sat in his car waiting to see Lauren chaotically pull into s parking space in the expansive parking lot. He started texting his mother to tell her what they were doing. Before he could send the text he heard her voice on the other side of the window. I will be home in time to get them. Don't worry. I know. She carried on the conversation forgetting that Bruno was going to meet her there. She ended the call as she pulled the heavy door to the free standing building open. As she turned she saw Bruno wearing his sunglasses, a low v neck red shirt and camo pants on staring back at her. "Oh, was I supposed to wait for you?" she asked him almost absent mindedly.

"It didn't really matter..." he said following her in. "I just wanted to be with you." he said sitting down in a chair waiting for her to sign in. He sat in the crowded room blending into the group of trendy LA people waiting in the the waiting room. She sat down next to him after signing in looking over at him.

"How are you?" she asked him.

"I'm fine." he answered her. "How are you?"

"I don't feel good. I either have a baby in me or I ate something shitty." she answered him.

"Or both." he smirked at her reaching for her hand. "Laur...." he played with her fingers wanting to play with her wedding ring, but instead finding nothing on her ring finger. I need to give it back to her.

"What are you thinking?" she asked him noticing his eyes wander and his voice lower.

"Just.." he started. "Whatever the doctor says I want..." he started.

"You want what?" she asked.

"Just us. That's it." he smiled at her still holding onto her fingers. "But I want you to want it too." She closed her eyes sighing trying not to draw attention to their conversation. "But I want you to decide. So, I'll shut up." he said reaching for his phone.

"I just want everything to be safe for all of us." she told him looking up at the door to see a nurse with a clipboard. "

Lauren Hernandez?" she asked looking at several of the Hispanic patients waiting not looking at Lauren.

"I'm ready." she stood up pulling Bruno with her.

"Yeah. We're ready." Bruno told the nurse.

"Oh..." the nurse looked at the paperwork. "Bruno Mars." she said to herself leading Lauren to a room. "We need to get her vitals and everything, Mr. Hernandez. You can wait for her here..." she told him leading him to a room closing the door. "Now, Lauren.." she said eying Lauren's shoes. "Shoes off. We know that it's going to be a bit off."

"I know..." Lauren said with a laugh watching the nurse move the scale to 123. "Already?" she asked.

"You were...." the nurse flipped to the older paperwork. "114 before, when you came in this February."

"Yeah. I know. I knew I had gained weight but not that much..." Lauren said sitting down to get her blood pressure taken. She watiched the nurse write down the number without saying anything.

"Alright. We'll get the doctor in to see you in a bit..." the nurse responded leading her into the room to hear Bruno on the phone. She raised her hands up to ask him who he was talking to.

"Mom. Laur is here. I'll call you when we find out." he said hanging up the phone. "I promise it was her." he said handing her the phone. Before it landed in her hand she pushed it back.

"I'm working on trusting you." she said stretching her legs out from under her. "Oh my god. It's like morning sickness only worse..." she told him.