Chapter 276

They all got into the big SUV placing car seats in the middle for all the small children. Leaning over to Lauren and Bruno Jamie started talking to them. "I swear to God if the two of you start any shit while we're here I'm taking mom's role and sending both of you back to LA and we're keeping the twins." she said with her teeth clenched. They both nodded their heads almost about to laugh because they were nowhere near upset with each other. It amused both of them so much so that they cracked a smile at each other holding each other tightly on the way to the hospital.

"She's right." Tahiti told them. "I love both of you so much but just keep it together. I don't want this to be, 'Oh mom was sick but got better but the one thing I remember is Bruno and Lauren yelling at each other about a sex tape, or baby names, or kissing other people, or a divorce or all of the above,' I just can't do it." Tahiti said almost about to cry. "Just don't do anything stupid."

"Oh, Tahiti..." Lauren said sweetly to her sister-in-law hugging her. "Everything is going to be okay."

"God I hope so..." she said leaning her head against the window of the car. Lauren reached over to touch Tahiti rubbing her back the same way Bruno would to her.

"Does Bruno do that to you?" Tahiti asked.

"Yeah." she said with a bit of a laugh.

"He does it because our mom does." she answered with her eyes closed.

**

A little later everyone arrived at the hotel, tired, a little too hungry to stand it and nervous about their mother.

"Where is she?" they let Eric take control of everything since he was one of the older children. They came across one of their uncles.

"She's upstairs resting. " he answered them.

"What happened?" Bruno spoke up, still holding onto Ezra with one hand and Lauren with the other.

"She had a heart attack. They've given her some medication to thin her blood and she has surgery to see where the clots were in the morning. She's still awake to see all of you. She is really excited to see you all...especially the LA kids...." he said eying Bruno, Jamie and Eric.

"We'll go up and see her..." Jamie said eying Eric and Bruno. "Come on..."

Lauren let go of Bruno's hand slowly thinking he was going to want to go by himself.

"Are you coming?" he asked her.

"No. Go with them. Let me have him...I'll feed them and you can get me when she's ready to see everyone else." she said touching his hand. "Go. You'll be fine." He nodded his head walking with his siblings.

"okay." he said with his head down.

"Hang on..." she said pulling him back watching Everlee reach for his hair instantly. She pushed her hand away smiling at him. "I love you."

"I love you too." he responded kissing her cheek. "Go to sleep while you're waiting."

After a ride up an elevator and several turns later they all followed their uncle into a dimly lit room with their mother's soft music playing in the background. "Oh. Hi." they saw their stepfather sitting on a chair. "I'll let y'all talk. I need to go get something to eat." he told them.

"Everyone is downstairs..." Jamie said.

"Then I will go say hello. I have my phone if you all need me." he told them leaving the room.

"Mommyyyyy..." Bruno almost whined sitting down next to her before anyone else could.

"Oh Bruno..." she got out reaching for his face touching his cheeks seeing him almost break down instantly.

"Y'all talk. We'll be out there." Jamie told them pulling Eric away.

"Ugh. Fine." he sighed stepping out with his sister hearing everyone else near the door. Shh. She's talking to Bruno.They both said.

"Bruno, no. Don't cry. I'll be fine. They'll get whatever this is and I'll be back doing everything I was before in a few weeks. It will be okay."

"I'm trying to think like that, mama. I'm trying. But it's too hard. I can't even think of what would happen if I didn't have you to talk to when I need to talk to you. I just can't...." he said feeling her hands on his shoulders rubbing them the way she always did.

"Bruno. No matter what happens I will be there for you. And it's silly to think that I won't make it through this surgery." she told him.

"Mom....surgery has risks no matter what." he said sitting up. "And what if it wasn't just a heart attack..."

"I'll be ready for that when it comes, Brunito. I will be ready and I will handle it. Just like all of you will."

"Don't talk like that..." Bruno said almost angry with his mother. He paused seeing her look at him the way Lauren did when he had crossed the line with his tone. "I'm sorry...I just...Mom....no."

"Bruno. Quit being so dramatic. Save it for the tour." she said to him. "But while I have you here...." she said moving around cringing a bit in pain.

"Are you okay?" he asked. She nodded her head smiling at him.

"While I have you here...you have to be good to Lauren. You have to be good to Ezra and Everlee. And your little one. Bruno, no matter what happens you have to do that for me. No matter how hard it is." she told him.

"I'm trying, Mom. We're trying." he said a bit defeated. "And don't tell me to try harder."

"I won't." she smiled at him. "But you know that's what I want to say."

"She took the ring back last night...." he said almost triumphantly.

"I'm happy for you, Brunito. That's really good." she answered yawning.

"You need to rest, mom. And everyone still wants to see you. I'll go get Jamie." he responded to her yawn.

"You're right." she said closing her eyes. "I'm still really tired."

"I love you, mom." he kissed her head the same way he did to Lauren.

"I love you too, Brunito." she said clutching his hand as he stood up to get his sister. "I love you too." he turned around and smiled at her hearing his daughter's cries on the other side of the door.