Chapter 269

Lauren turned her head in the morning to see Bruno's body sprawled out in the bed. She carefully moved out of the bed reaching for the baby monitor walking to the baby monitor to take them to the bathroom. Ugh. She grabbed her phone unlocking it to see the date. May 22. What. How did my birthday get here so fast. I thought it was a week from now....at least. She finished in the bathroom reaching for the clothes Bruno had brought her after taking a very fast shower, only washing her body and putting a bit of shampoo and conditioner in her hair. She walked out of the bathroom, still holding the monitor to see Bruno sitting on the edge of the bed checking his phone. He looked up at her with a smie. "Good morning, birthday mama." he smiled again standing up to hug her.

"I don't even know how it ended up being my birthday today...." she said holding onto his hands leading him to the babies's room to wake them up.

"You know you aren't supossed to wake a sleeping baby..." he half laughed at her.

"But there wasn't any such thing as daycare when they came up with that..." she said rubbing her daughter's stomach to wake her up. "Wake up, baby girl...."

"Laur...leave them here. I have them..." he said to her. "Then you can take your time and not worry about getting them there."

"You have rehersal today. There's no way that is going to work, Bruno." she said to him watching Everlee''s eyes open and a smile creep across her face. "You are too pretty, Evee." she said reaching her daughter up.

Bruno sighed taking Everlee from her to change her diaper. "You're right. It won't work." he said to her watching her whole body go weak and her face turn green in a matter of seconds.

"I'll be right back.." she said running from Ezra's crib to go puke.

"Oh, Evee...look at what your baby brother or sister is doing to your mom...." he said holding her down to change her. "She's a mess." He said kissing his daughter's cheek placing her on the floor near some toys while he moved to wake Ezra up carefully the same way that Lauren had waken up Everlee. Bruno finished with the babies carrying both of them to the ktchen setting them in their high chairs dressed in the onsies he had brought to the house the night before. "You don't clean up that badly, kids..." he said touching them sweetly. "Be good to your mom today...it's her birthday..." he said reaching for flowers he had gotten Lauren the night before and had snuck into the house after she fell asleep. He placed the flowers near her purse and her work things with a small note next to it that read "I love you. Happy birthday, Lauren." He set them down and forgot about them going to feed the babies, mixing oatmeal together for the babies to eat. He sat between them helping them eat feeing a giant splat of oatmeal fall in the middle of his face. As it hit him he heard Lauren burst out laughing. "How long have you been watching me?" he turned to ask her.

"Like 5 minutes. You are so good with them, Bruno. " she said reaching for the note next to the flowers. "These are beautiful." she said reading the note to herself. She read the note and bent down to wipe off the oatmeal that was stil on Bruno's face. She held onto it on her finger and licked it. "Yum." After licking it she leaned down and kissed him lightly. "Thank you for making my birthday special."

"You're welcome." he answered thinking about what he had planned for later in the evening. I have to get the wine off the table..he thought to himself. That won't work....

"Let's get these babies cleaned up so I can get them to Desiree." she told Bruno moving an extra chair next to Ezra to help him finish eating.