Chapter 7

Sorry for the lateish update. I was sort've confused on where I was going with this chapter but I've found a way and worked with it.

Math has been a little rough on me so I was stressing over that. But I hope this chapter turned out well, my writing has been slacking a bit lately, sorry!

Thank you all for waiting patiently, you guys are the best! Enjoy!

----------------

It has been a few years since I left her and the kids, I wonder if she is doing alright. How are Izuki and Chaiki doing? I bet they're big now. I kinda miss them.

"You still thinking about her?" A voice snapped me out of my trance as I turned around and faced them, my eyes slowly averting to the ground as they let out a soft chuckle and walked closer to me.

"Are you sure you made the right decision a few years back?" My eyes met theirs as I clenched my teeth. "Are you regretting it? Was it worth leaving your family?"

"I-I don't know.." They're lips curved into an evil smile as they placed their hand on my shoulder, walking around me, dragging their hand around my back.

"Poor poor (F/N), left all alone with two young boys all because you decided to toss her." As they stopped in front of me, they got down to my level, looking at me dead in the eyes, hand still on my shoulder. "They're no longer your family now."

"But, if that's your decision Kaneki. All for somebody else." They gave me a pat on the shoulder before walking away, their steps echoing through the room.

"...I should go see how they're doing.."

-

"C-Chiaki?" Haise exclaimed softly as he held his phone out to look at the caller ID, it indeed was yours. "Yep! Come now! My mommy is sick and she needs help because Izuki and I can't cook soup."

Haise glanced at the clock, "Chiaki, stay with your mommy okay? I'll be there soon."

"Okay Sasaki-san!" Chiaki ended the call and ran back into the room quietly as he swiftly placed the phone back where it originally was before jumping into bed to cuddle with you.

Not too long after after Chiaki cuddled into bed with you, Izuki woke up searching for his younger brother. Noticing that he was in the bed with you, he walked into the kitchen and started on making three small ham sandwiches for breakfast.

Placing all the sandwiches on a plate, he walked into the bedroom and placed the sandwiches on the nightstand and walked into the bathroom to find some headache medicine for you.

"Mom, mom wake up." Hearing a soft small voice while he shook you awake, you opened your eyes and turned to face them before mumbling and groaning.

"Here, medicine." Blinking a few times, you saw Izuki with some headache medicine and a cup of water in his hand. "Thank you sweetie."

Taking the medicine, you opened the lid and popped out two small pills as you swallowed them with water, Izuki taking the cup back into the kitchen after. "Here, I made you a sandwich. Since you're sick I made us a small breakfast."

"Thanks, here sit on the bed and let's talk." Izuki nodded and got onto the bed and sat by your legs. Even though you were sick, Izuki and Chiaki knew the basics about taking care of sick people because they've observed you taking care of them all the time.

The sunlight that filled the room made the you feel a little bit better, plus Chiaki who was sleeping quietly next to you like the small baby he was, even though he was already five.

"Wait, I forgot something." Izuki got off the bed and walked into the bathroom. You heard the water flow out of the faucet for a few seconds before it shut off and small footsteps walking toward the bedroom.

Izuki held out a damp white cloth and placed it on your warm forehead. "I saw you doing this to Chiaki once." He stated as he climbed back onto the bed with his small chapter book.

"Nice observations." You responded with a smile. He looked at you and glanced back toward his book. "Can you read this to me?" He asked as he held out his book. Nodding, you placed your sandwich on the plate beside you before taking the book from his hands and flipped it to the first page. Izuki crawled over next to you adjusting himself.

"Chapter 1."

-

An hour or two later, both Izuki and Chiaki were playing around in the room or on your bed to keep you company. Izuki would scold Chaiki once in awhile whenever he was being too loud because they both knew it wasn't good for headaches.

"Chiaki, quiet down. You want mom to feel better right?" Izuki scolded as Chiaki looked at his older brother. "Sorry Izuki.."

*DING DONG*

"Huh, I wonder who that is?" You said quietly as you were about to get out of bed. "I got it!" Chiaki shouted as he quickly got up off the floor and ran to the door. Being a little concerned, you looked over at Izuki and he nodded, getting up to go check on Chiaki at the door.

Chiaki's small hands opened the door and he looked up and his smile grew. "Oh, good afternoon Chiaki-kun." Haise greeted as he ruffled Chiaki's hair.

"Hi there Izuki-kun." Haise slightly bowed at the two bows before he shut the door behind him, taking his shoes off and neatly placing the against the wall.

"Chiaki? What is Sasaki-san doing here?" Izuki asked confused. "I called him here to take care of mommy!" He exclaimed as he ran around Haise. "Mommy's over here!" Chiaki grabbed his large hand and dragged him over to the bedroom where you were at.

"Mommy! Mommy!" You looked up from your book and smiled at your child's voice. "Yes? Chiaki..." Your voice slowly cut itself off as your eyes landed themselves on grey ones. "Haise? What are you doing here?"

"Well, this little guy called me this morning and told me you were sick." Chiaki hid behind Haise's long legs as you glanced at him. "He said that nobody was here to make you some soup, so I agreed and we're going to make you soup to help you feel better."

You let out a small chuckle as Haise explained the story to you. "Well then, thank you very much Haise. And Chiaki, I'll have a private conversation with you later okay young man?" Chiaki stiffened and nodded behind Haise's legs. "Okay mommy."

Haise gave you a smile before he turned around and ushered the boys into the kitchen. "Come on boys, let's make soup."

-

My eyes widened when I saw a man approach the doors of the small apartment that (F/N) and I both owned. Did she already find somebody new? "Sasaki-san!" A heard a small voice and my heart stopped as my gaze landed on the young boy.

'Chiaki?' He's already grown so much in a few years. I clenched my fist and gritted my teeth as the man walked inside the apartment.

I knew I was no longer part of their family.