Chapter 42

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY SWEETIE HAISE <3

I'm starting back with drama, it's gonna be intense from now on. Sorry for all the fluff chapters :^(

I'm gonna call Hinami's mom Ryouko, just in case you guys were wondering who this 'Ryouko' person was.

-

It has been a week since you've settled in with Haise, and the boys have adjusted to their new home quickly. It was difficult saying goodbye to Michiko and Oba-chan, but they were both very understanding. Hinami was back to watch over Izuki and Chiaki and like usual, they loved her.

Haise waited at the door for you as you ran around getting ready for work; since the two of you were living together in the 13th ward, you were able to be stationed back at your old job. "Be good to Hinami-chan. Call me if you need anything Hinami-chan." You stated as you put your shoes on before stepping out as Haise held the door open.

"Will do! Have a great day at work!" Hinami gave the two of you a wave goodbye before turning back to the young boys to interact with them. Haise closed the door behind you and the two of you walked towards work together, hands intertwined.

"I get to spend my whole day with the person I love the most. I'm quite the lucky man." Haise stated as you turned to give him a cheeky smile, "Hmm, you're lucky you're cute." Bending down, Haise planted kisses on your cheek, laughter leaving your lips from all his affection.

Walking into the large building, you stopped at the front desk as you gave Haise a small peck, "I'll see you at your lunch break, have a good day at work Haise." Walking away, your hand slipped out of his, his lips forming a small pout. "Stop pouting and get to work lover boy." A coworker of his teased as Haise's cheeks reddened.

-

You were at your desk organizing ghoul documents into folders for Akira when your phone began ringing. Glancing over at your phone, you noticed that Hinami was calling you. Finishing up the last piece of paper, you picked up the phone and answered it.

"Hello? Hinami, is everything okay?"

"(L/N)-san! Something's happening to Chiaki! I-I don't know what happened; I was in the kitchen preparing them a meal when I heard his scream." Your heart dropped at the shakiness of her voice. You could feel your body shaking as your gripped onto the phone tighter at her words, "It looks like a kagune.."

"Stay there and don't call the hospital! I'm coming right now!" Grabbing your purse, you ran out the door but bumped into Haise who was walking towards your office. You stepped aside and ran past Haise and towards the main doors as Haise's voice was calling out for you, but this was more important than having a conversation with your boyfriend.

Your baby could be a ghoul.

Haise stopped at the front desk out of breath as he watched you run away. The young lady at the front desk looked at you wide eyed before turning towards Haise. "Sasaki-san? What happened?" Haise shook his head with a shrug, "I don't know. I was going to give her a visit when she ran out of her office."

"Whatever it is, it looks important. Here, you go and check up on her, I got you covered." Haise smiled at her with a nod before running after you.

As you made it to your house, you fumbled with the keys as you threw the door open, running over to Chiaki who was crying on the living room floor. "Chiaki! Chiaki! It's mommy!" Picking him up, you gasped when you noticed his left eye, it was just like Kaneki's.

"Mommy, what's happening?" Chiaki whimpered as his hand clutched onto your shirt tightly. You cupped his face and brought your forehead down to his, "Don't worry, everything's okay." Glancing to the side, you watched his kagune as it swayed gently back and forth.

"Am I a ghoul mommy?" Pulling away from Chiaki, you looked down at his pale face, a hand running through his soft black hair. "Don't worry about that."

"(F/N)! Is everything okay?!" Haise yelled as he entered the house; his gray eyes widening from the sight of Chiaki. You gasped and turned Chiaki away from him, holding him close to your chest as you looked away from Haise.

"Go away Haise!" You screamed and Izuki ran over toward your side, hugging your back as he watched Haise from over your shoulder. You looked up at Haise with a cold glare, shivers running down his spine from the sight of you. "If you do anything to Chiaki, I'll never forgive you."

"(F/N), I would never." Haise said softly as he cautiously took a step towards you. Your eyes were back on Chiaki as his kagune began retracting and his cute gray eye was slowly coming back. A sigh escaped your lips, your hand running across his cheeks. "But you're an investigator.."

"That will never change my mind." You glance over at Haise with sad eyes before he comes and wraps his hands around you and your kids.

"Um, we can go see my mom! I'm sure she can help you (L/N)-san." Hinami looks over at you with a smile, her hands clenched tightly by her chest as you give her a smile in response.

-

"Hands up Chiaki." You said as Chiaki raised his hands; you took his shirt off and Ryouko thanked you for helping out. "Chiaki, can you give me a little spin please?" Nodding, Chiaki spun slowly as Ryouko studied his back where the kagune was.

"Hmm, it doesn't seem like it did any harm to his body." You let out a relieved sigh at her words, Haise placing a hand on your shoulder. "Chiaki, you can eat normal human food correctly?" Chiaki nodded shyly at her words and she gave him a comforting smile.

"It seems like he's more human than ghoul. It would make sense since Kaneki is only part ghoul and you're full human. It doesn't seem like Izuki had inherited the ghoul trait." Ryouko explained as she helped Chiaki back into his shirt.

"His kagune is beginning to develop now, I would keep him away from the CCG as much as possible. Those ghoul scanners could detect him." You nod at her words as you helped Chiaki up off the table.

"Thank you so much Fueguchi-san." She smiled and shook her head, "It's the least I can do. If you ever have any concerns don't hesitate to come over." You thanked her one more time before the four of you left the Fueguchi residence and back towards your own house. Chiaki was still shocked from the whole ghoul incident and Izuki didn't know what to do knowing that his brother was part ghoul.

Haise squeezed your hand with a reassuring smile when you looked up at him. A sad smile forming on your lips, "It'll be okay (F/N). I won't let anything happen to Chiaki." You rest your head on his shoulder, closing your tired eyes, "Thanks Haise."