Haise Ending

The first part of this is the same for Kaneki's ending as well!

Thank you so much to those who have stayed with me and this book since the beginning, I appreciate you SO much for the love and support you've given me. This book has been with me for a year plus now and it all started with a dream I had.

It's bitter sweet to end this book but I just want to say thank you again <3

Also, thank you for 2K!!

-------------------------

Your eyes widen as you watch the blood drip from Konoha's quinque and Kaneki's mouth, dripping onto the floor beside Chiaki. Kaneki slides off her quinque and falls onto the ground in front of Chiaki, a pool of blood slowly forming around him as his kagune deactivates.

Konoha sighs in defeat as she drops her quinques to the ground, smiling as she turns to look at Akira behind her. Akira has her kagune wrapped around Konoha's waist. "I'm not surprised you managed to catch me Akira-san."

"I had a feeling this party was trouble the moment you brought it up," Akira states as she uses her quinque to knock Konoha unconscious. Konoha's body falls onto the floor in between her quenches and Akira cuffs her hands behind her back.

Haise runs over to check on Izuki and thankfully he isn't harmed from the impact. "Izuki, go and check on Chiaki, I got your mom." Izuki nods and runs over towards Chiaki while Haise runs towards you.

"(F/N), are you hurt?" Haise asked as he slips his hand underneath you to pick you up. You place a hand on your stomach, looking up at him weakly, "My stomach hurts a bit, I could've accidentally hit it on the floor."

Haise's brows furrowed in worry and just as he was about to call the hospital, you stopped him. "Bring me to Kaneki. Please, Haise."

Haise glances at Kaneki and when he sees the state he's in, he doesn't waste time to bring you over towards him. Gently placing you down on the floor beside Kaneki, your lips quiver at the sight of him.

Haise watches but he attends to Chiaki with Izuki as Akira stands by and calls for back up and calls the hospital.

"Kaneki? Kaneki you're going to be alright." You say as he turns his head weakly to look at you. "You're a ghoul, you can regenerate. I know you'll make it alive." You say blinking rapidly to keep your tears in.

Kaneki looks up at you and gives you a small smile, "This wound is too much for my regeneration to handle," Kaneki replies weakly as you shake your head at him. "Thank you for taking care of our kids when I didn't for loving them when I left."

"Kaneki, no..." You whimper as you slowly see him slipping away from the world. Haise kneels beside you and Kaneki looks over at him and lets out his last breath, "Take care of them for me."

Haise shuts his eyes and nods, "I will Kaneki."

You turn into Haise's chest and begin crying, your muffled sobs fill the air as investigators and paramedics fill the room as they place a white sheet over Kaneki before they take you and the kids to the hospital.

"Goodbye Kaneki."

-

Soft beeping fills the room as you stare down at the bump underneath the sheets. Running your hand over it, you were glad you had something wonderful to look forward to after you lost an important person in your life.

Hearing a soft knock at the door, you see Haise, Chiaki, and Izuki walk in with balloons and flowers. A smile forms on your face as you give them all kisses as they place the gifts on the table in the corner of your hospital room.

"Are you feeling better mommy? How's little sister?" Chiaki asks as he leans over the bed, rubbing your stomach gently with his little hand. "We're doing great, thank you for asking."

"Good news, the doctor said you can leave the hospital tomorrow," Haise says trying to brighten your mood. You smile over at him, "That's great!" But even with your smile, Haise knows you're still heartbroken over the loss of Kaneki.

It wasn't long until you got discharged. Haise and the boys helped with the gifts as the four of you walked home together. "Home sweet home." You say as you open the door to your house, taking the scent of the place you loved to be.

Chiaki and Izuki run away into their room and just as you were about to take a step, Haise grabs your hand. Turning around, you look at him with a soft smile, "What is it Haise?"

"I just want to tell you that even though I may not be like Kaneki and I may not be as good as him, I just want to tell you that I will love you just as much as he did or even more." You look up at Haise with a smile before kissing him on the lips.

"You're not like Kaneki because you're you; you're Haise. I'm sorry if I'm making you feel less than Kaneki, Haise. I want you to know that we're together and I love you too." Haise looks down with a happy smile, "Thanks."

The next few months passed by like the good old days you and Haise had. Puns were thrown and love was in the air for the two of you while Chiaki and Izuki whine at all the affection. Not to mention your stomach growing even more.

You and Haise worked from home because you were on maternity leave and to say the least, it was quite nice. You were always home with Chiaki and Izuki and you got to work with the man you loved.

Walking to the kitchen, you reached up to grab a cup but felt a gush of water down your legs and you knew it was time.

"Haise, Haise, Haise! It's time! Grab the bag!" You yelled and you could hear Haise stumble around in the room and he scrambled to grab the hospital bag. "I'm coming!"

Dialing your phone you held it up to your ear as Haise walked you down the steps and into the car. "Hinami? I'm heading to the hospital right now, could you please come over and watch Izuki and Chiaki while we're gone? Thank you!"

Haise was surprised at how calm you were when he was freaking out. Maybe because it was your third child and his very first? Either way, the two of you made it to the hospital and a couple quick hours later, gave birth to the beautiful girl Keiko.

- 3 Months Later -

"Are they all in bed?" Haise whispered as you quickly ran out of Keiko's room after putting her to sleep. Nodding you and Haise slipped on your shoes and ran out of the house for a quick date which consisted of walking for three minutes before quickly walking back home to check on the kids.

It was late at night and the moon and stars were out. You happily walked beside Haise as you stuffed your hands in your pocket, looking over at the glittering lake that reflected the moon and stars.

"It's quite beautiful tonight isn't it Haise?" You say as you continue to walk, but soon you realize that Haise was ni longer walking by your side. Looking around, you quickly turned around to see Haise kneeling on one leg, a beautiful ring displayed in front of you.

Your eyes widened as his smile grew, slight blush on his cheeks, "(F/N), would you marry me?"

~ THE END ~