Chapter 24

This chapter is a little messy and there's a bunch of time skips. I just wanted to story to get progressed and a little more dramatic ;)
-

"Thank you having us over." Izuki politely bowed at the Quinx squad. Standing back straight, he moved closer toward your legs as you pushed his soft short black hair to the side, bidding him good job. Chiaki waved good bye at them as you politely bowed before turning around and ushering the two boys toward the direction of the house.

Around 15 minutes have passed and the three of you had finally reach the house. On the way, you stopped by a convenient store and got the two boys ice cream for behaving so well. "Wash your hands. They're sticky from the ice cream." You state as you pumped some soap onto their small hands, washing them gently with warm water.

"That was yummy mommy!" Chiaki exclaimed as you kissed the top of his head. "That's good, you deserved it." The rest of the day was yours to take advantage of. Chiaki and Izuki spent the day in their rooms playing with toys or learning more, since they didn't go to school. Bringing some blankets to the living room, you sat down on the sofa and turned the television on, watching the upcoming news. Chiaki and Izuki eventually migrated into the living room with you.

"Major earthquakes have been hitting several areas around Japan, please take caution wherever you go." You frowned at the news, your house wasn't in the best condition to support an earthquake. Feeling a tap on your thigh, you look down to see Izuki pointing to his book. "What does this say?"

"It says, siblings. Do you know what that means?" Shaking his head you proceed to explain to him. "Siblings means like brother or sister, like Chaiki; he's your brother so he's your sibling." Looking down at his notebook, he made a small note next to the word. "Okay, thanks mom."

"Of course." You smiled and watched him show you what he was learning and the different meaning of words. Some english words, some japanese words. He was indeed a very intelligent child.

The rest of the day was spent with Chiaki and Izuki on either side of you, watching movies together with the long warm blanket sprawled across their legs. Some movies were corny and funny, some were heartfelt and sad, Chiaki's favorites.

The night ended with both of them falling asleep against your arms. One of the best feelings a mother could have.

The next day was another work day for you, but it was good because it involved seeing Haise. "Good morning Haise, how are you?" You asked as you stood under the doorframe of his office door. Turning to look at you he smiled as you walked over, standing next to him. Turning his lamp on, it lit up the room a bit before looking over at you. "You lighten up my day."

Chuckling you smiled at him, "I'm glad to hear that." Haise cleared up his desks a bit, organizing random papers. "So, what brings you here?" "I was told to bring these to you." You held out a manilla envelope in front of his face, making him grab it from your hands. "Oh, thank you. I'll look into this later."

"So, I was wondering.." Haise's cheeks flushed a bit, causing you to smile at him. "Do you want to, um, go out with me?" His hand was now scratching the back of his head, a really attractive scene. "I just really like you, and I'd like it if we were official."

"Of course I'd love to go out with you Haise." Your hands reached down and grabbed his, smiling at him. It took him a minute to process everything but when it did, he stood up and wrapped his arms around you, spinning you around his office. The laughter of the two of you could be heard from down the hall, making all the other investigators listen in.

"Did Sasaki actually ask (L/N) to go out with him?" One of them asked as the other nodded. "He had to have! They've been a thing for quite a while now, good thing he didn't keep her waiting. If I was her, I would've left if I had to keep waiting."

Akira sat at her desk, listening to the warming laughter of you and Haise. Even though the two of you were really loud and caused other people to become unfocused on their work, she couldn't
help but smile. Haise had finally found someone.

-

It was finally another break day for you after working all week. It was nice to enjoy some time with Izuki and Chiaki, after all they missed you a lot after being gone at work all the time. It was another beautiful day in the 20th ward of Tokyo, bright and sunny.

"Hey mom, do you think we could go to the park today?" Izuki asked as you looked out the window at the bright blue sky. "Hmm, maybe. Let me see what we have to bring for a snack. As you walked toward the fridge, you felt the floor slightly shaking from underneath you.

"Did you feel that?" Chiaki asked as they both looked at you, waiting for an answer. "Why don't you boys come over here?" You asked as you held onto the fridge door, listening closely for any sound or movement but nothing seemed to happen.

Suddenly the house began violently shaking, causing you to hold onto the fridge tightly. Izuki and Chiaki screamed as they fell on their knees, trying to crawl over to you. "Hurry! Come underneath the table!" You yelled as you watched the two young boys struggle to make their way toward you.

Looking up at the ceiling above Chiaki and Izuki, it didn't look like it was going to hold up any second longer. Running toward the boys, you threw them under your arms and shielded them from the falling ceiling. "Stay under me and don't move!" You screamed as their fists clenched tighter onto your clothes. "I'm scared!" Chiaki screamed from beneath you. "It'll end soon, just stay under me."

Another violent shake came and your small television fell on the floor, crashing down. Whimpers came from the boys as they shook with fear. "What's that?" Chiaki asked as a large cracking noise was heard from nearby. Fearing the worst, you pushed Izuki and Chiaki further underneath you as you wrapped your arms around their small bodies, squeezing your eyes shut.

And the next thing you knew, the ceiling collapsed on the three of you.

--------
Was not originally going to end the chapter here, but it made a great cliffhanger. So I ended the chapter here ;)