Chapter 26

"Mado-san..err, why do you have two kids with you?" Investigators all over the CCG watched in awe and shock as Akira walked up to the CCG building. A group gathered behind her as they watched her place her hand on the door, suddenly turning around looking at the large group, most of whom jumped at the sudden look.

"These are (L/N)'s kids. She's currently in the hospital for some extra precautions. Sasaki-san asked that I watch them until everything is settled." Akira informed as she let out a sigh. Feeling her skirt being clenched, she looked down and saw Chiaki sticking even closer to her, scared from all of the people around.

"No need to be scared." Akira stated as she bent down and gave him the tiniest of smiles. Gesturing toward the group of investigators, Akira looked back at the young boys, "These people are ghoul investigators. We work to protect you guys from ghouls. Everybody, this is Chiaki and Izuki." The young boys looked up at the tall people, but as they saw all the smiles and waves they felt much more welcomed.

"Let's go inside now." Akira took their small hands and helped them through the large door as they walked inside to the main lobby.

*BEEP BEEP*

"What? The ghoul sensor went off.."

"Who is it?"

"A ghoul?"

Investigators all over watched the scene and were mumbling to each other about what had just happened. Akira looked down at her hand that was holding Chiaki's as he walked through the censor. Her brows furrowed as he looked up at her a bit confused and worried. "What's going on?" Chiaki asked as he looked at Akira then to Izuki.

"But, (L/N)-san is human. Her children can't possibly be ghouls...can they?"

Closing her eyes, she pursed her lips and let out a sigh as she continued walking with the two young boys. "Sasaki-san must have rubbed off on them. After all, he does tend to be around her and her kids all the time." The other investigators seemed to become more reassured after that and went on with her own thing.

"Sorry Chiaki-kun, I didn't mean for that to happen. I hope it didn't scare you too much." Shaking his head at Akira, he smiled and looked around in the small lunch break room they were in. "It's okay." Going toward the vending machine, she got them each a small carton of milk and two small onigiris to make sure they wouldn't starve.

"Here you go, it's not much but I hope you like it." Sitting down on the chair across from them, she watched silently as the two young boys bit into their small onigiri. 'I guess they are human...'

-

"I'm feeling much better after the treatment thank you." You stated as the nurse came into your room and gave you a small meal. "Let me know if you need anything then." She replied smiling as she left the room. You had gotten a small bowl of soup filled with some tofu, it smelled good.

Haise soon entered the room again after getting off the phone with Akira. You looked up at him for an answer as he smiled and placed his phone in his pocket. "Akira said she'll bring the boys over. They just had a snack with her, they seem to like her."

"That's good." You replied as you took a sip of the soup. Haise sat down and looked down at the soup before he continued, "When Akira gets here, I'll ask her about the three of you moving in with me." Your eyes slowly drifted toward Haise as you set your spoon down, his soft smile reassuring you.

Not too long after, you hear small footsteps running down the hall of the hospital and soon two cute small boys come running into the room, flying next the hospital bed. "Mommy!"

"Hi sweetie, are you guys okay?" You asked as you reached out to cup their cheeks, feeling around their heads for any injuries. "I'm not hurt." Chiaki replied as you used your thumbs to caress his cute cheeks. "How about you Izuki? Are you okay? Hurt anywhere?" He shook his head and smiled, "I'm not hurt."

Letting out a sigh of relief, you looked at Haise who waved at the two young boys before turning his attention to Akira by the door. "Um, Akira-san?" She looked up at him through her lashes as her arms were crossed under her chest. "I've been thinking, since (L/N) doesn't have a place to stay, she and her kids could come live with the Quinx and I."

"Unfortunately Haise, they cannot." Akira replied stepping away from the door. Haise's brows furrowed,"Why not?" He argued back as Akira let out a sigh. "She's been transferred to Shibuya in the 13th ward."

"The 13th ward? B-but that's far from here.."

"Exactly. They were able to find a place for (L/N) and her kids to stay while she works for the CCG over in the 13th ward." You looked over at Haise before turning toward Akira, "When will we be transferred over?"

"As soon as you're out of the hospital. Paperwork and everything has been filled, you just need to get you and your kids over there." She replied as Haise let out a sigh, frustrated that you were not able to live with him. "How long will we be staying over in the 13th ward?"

"Well, there is no reason for you to move back here to the 20th ward. You'll have a nice stable life in the 13th ward." Akira responded leaning back against the door. "I'll be heading off now. I'll be at the office if you need me." And with that she turned on her heel and walked out of the room, her heels clicking with each step she took.

"S-so are you going to live there forever?" Haise asked as he played with his fingers; he was upset and you knew that. "Well, maybe not forever but I'm probably not going to be back in the 20th ward anytime soon either."

Haise walked over and hovered over you giving you a gentle hug. "I don't want you to leave.." You let out a sad chuckle and brought your arm up and around to his back, patting him gently before your hand rested on his back.

"I don't want to either, but we have to. We can always visit each other, Haise!" You exclaimed trying to lighten his mood, it didn't really work. "You'll be so far.."

"Aww, Haise. Come on, don't be sad. We can always call each other, and we'll find a way for us to be able to live together one day. Alright? Don't be sad, I hate seeing you sad.." Caressing his cheek with you hand you lean up to give him a small kiss.

"Promise?" Hasie asked as he placed his hand over your small one. Smiling, you nodded.

"Promise."