Chapter 23

"Goldfish!"

"Ah, darn!"

Chiaki giggled as Shirazu picked up another card from the deck, adding it to his pile of cards in his hands. Shirazu, Izuki, Chiaki and Urie played cards together while Haise and you cooked up some lunch for everyone. Mutsuki and Saiko helped set up the table, adding a few more chairs to be able to fit you and the kids.

"Mmm~ Haise, this tastes amazing! Tell me your secret!" You exclaimed as you took a sample of the food Haise helped you cook. He chuckled nervously as you took another sample, "Well, I just read the directions in the book!"

"Really? You follow them really well then! I can never seem to get my food this good..maybe cooking is your special talent. Izuki and Chiaki would love this! It's also full of nutrition, which me as a mommy loves for my kids." You state as you mixed up the food a little bit.

"You can say that." Haise chuckled as he cut up some vegetables for you to put in. Not too long after you turned the stove off and scooped the cooked meal into a large plate that sat on top of the dinner table.

*Ding Dong*

"Oh! I'll get that!" Saiko exclaimed as she walked toward the door and opened it, looking up at a tall beautiful lady whom she had never seen before. "Um, can I help you?" Saiko asked confused at the sudden guest.

"Oh, I'm here for Haise! We were going to have a talk about our next mission together." Saiko arched a brow at her, puzzled. She had never seen or heard about this girl before from Haise, and the fact that she even called him by his first name!

"Saiko? Who's at the door?" Haise called out from the kitchen as Saiko jumped at his sudden voice. "Ah, Haise!" She exclaimed softly to herself as she walked inside, Saiko staring at her with wide eyes. Quickly closing the door, she gave Mutsuki a confused look and shrug when he mouthed to her' Who is she'.

"Haise?"

Hearing a faint female voice, you turned to look at Haise and gave him a puzzled look before repeating what you had heard. "Haise?" He glanced at you before turning around to look for the person who had called out for him. Nobody called him by his first name besides you. "I'll be back." Haise informed as he set the dirty dishes in the sink and walked over to the living room where the Quinx was.

As soon as he entered the living room, a figure had launched themselves onto him and gave him a big hug as he took a step back from the sudden contact. Haise looked down at Shizaru and saw his face full of shock. As he stepped back from the sudden hug, he looked down at her face and she smiled at him with her pink rosy lips.

"Hiriko, what are you doing here?" Haise asked as she let out a giggle. "I'm here to talk to you of course! We were going to talk about our upcoming mission, remember?" She replied as she folded her arms with a playful smile.

"Hiriko, our mission is in a few months and I already have company right now. Today isn't the best time." Hiriko frowned and softly whined as the Quinx all gaver her a look. "But I came all this way!"

"Haise, are you okay?" You asked as you stepped out of the kitchen with a small rag used to wipe your hands. "Oh, hello." You greeted as you saw Hiriko, her eyes averting Haise's to look at yours. "Who's this?" She asked toward Haise as he looked around his shoulder toward you.

"This is (L/N) (F/N), she came over so we could have lunch together with the Quinx." Haise replied as he stood next to you. You smiled and waved politely at her, but she pursed her lips at you. "Oh, well let me join you for lunch! It would be a great opportunity to get to know each other!" Hiriko suggested as everybody froze.

"W-we don't have enough chairs to fit you into the table. Sorry!" Mutsuki replied as the Quinx nodded at the statement. "That's okay, I can stand!" She replied with a big smile. "We don't have enough food for you." Saiko tried, but Hiriko shook her off. "I'm not a big eater, we should be fine!"

"B-But, this is more of a family lunch; it would be better if it was just us together. Thank you for coming!" Shirazu informed as she furrowed her brows at him, then turning to face Haise. "Come on, you'll let me join you guys right?"

"We'll be fine having lunch without you." Urie called out as a gasp came out of Hiriko's lips. "Fine, I'll leave. See you at work Haise." Hiriko said as she spun on her heel, hair flipping closing the door behind her as she left the apartment.

You glanced over at Haise who let out a long sigh. "Sorry guys, Hiriko is a co-worker of mine. I didn't think she would come here so randomly." You shook your head and smiled at him, "It's not your fault. But, why does she call you Haise and not Sasaki?" You could hear a couple of 'yeahs' as everybody waited for Haise's answer.

"I'm not sure myself. I have told her to address me by Sasaki but she has always stuck with calling me Haise." Another sigh came out of Haise's lips as you gave him a pat on the back. "Enough of Hiriko, come on. Let's enjoy a nice meal together."

Everybody settled down at the table and each grabbed themselves some food, a couple "Wow, this is amazing!" and "You guys are great cooks!" here and then. Scooping small amounts of food onto the small plates, you placed them in front of Chiaki and Izuki who seemed to really enjoy the meal.

"Not eating?" You asked Haise as you scooped some rice onto your spoon. He smiled and shook his head, "Sampling them filled me up." He replied as he touched his chin with his finger. You let out a chuckle and nodded, "That did fill me up too."

"Wait she doesn't know?!" Shirazu exclaimed as Haise's eyes widened at him. "Know what?" You asked nervously as you looked at Shirazu, turning to your side to look at Haise. "Know what?" Shirazu covered his mouth as Mutsuki scolded him, everybody focusing on the two of you.

"Th-that I, umm," Haise struggled to find the right words to say as you looked at him curious and confused. "Th-that I actually didn't eat the samples...sorry. I just ate so much breakfast in the morning before you called me because I didn't know you were coming over." Haise stated rubbing his chin, a sad look on his face.

"Oh, that's it? Don't worry about it! As long as you had a good meal." You replied happily as you took a bite of the food. "Amazing!" Haise and the Quinx all sighed in relief as you bought his lie. He felt bad for lying but he knew this wasn't the right time to tell you.

As you ate the amazing meal, you couldn't help but think of Hiriko. 'Does Hiriko like Haise? Hiriko and Haise together?'