Chapter 47

Guys, the latest chapter...I don't even want to write this book anymore because of it ;n;

Kaneki doesn't deserve this book because of what happened, but I'll continue writing anyways...ugh, whyyyyyy must this happennnnn

I wanna bury myself in a hole, I'm so sad...

-----

"See you later Haise, have a good day at work!" You say kissing his cheek before waving goodbye to him as he walked off in the other direction of you. Just as you were about to leave, you heard a voice calling out to you, "(L/N)-san?"

Turning around, you see a lady jogging over to you with papers in her hand, "Hello, my name is Konoha Masumi, I am an investigator here for the CCG, you may not see me often because I am always in my office reviewing our security tapes."

Nodding, you turn fully towards her, hands clasped together, "Yes, what could I help you with Konoha-san?" Smiling, she pulled out a paper from her folder and held it out towards you, "A few months ago there was a large earthquake that struck; if I'm not wrong may these young boys be your children?"

Your brows furrowed as you nodded, "Yes, those are my boys. Is there something I'm missing here?"

"I don't mean to cause any problems here, but for the sake of the CCG could you please bring your two boys back to run them through the ghoul detector? We just want to make sure we're not missing any information here." Konoha stated as she stuck the photo back into her case folder before smiling at you.

You gave her a forced smile along with an awkward chuckle, "Are you saying my children are ghouls?" Konoha gasped before shaking her head at you, "Oh, of course not! We're just taking extra precautions because when your son walked through the ghoul detectors, they started ringing."

"I'm sorry, I don't think this is necessary. I'm human and my children are human too, if you don't mind I should be on my way," You replied as you turned away towards your office, "Miss (L/N), there must be nothing to worry about then if your children are humans. It would just be a simple walk through the detectors then it would be over with!" Konoha said cheerfully as you grit your teeth at her secretly.

"You seem very defensive about your children walking through a ghoul detector Miss (F/N), there isn't something I'm missing, am I?" Turning to look at Konoha; you watched her innocent smile play on her face while her eyes wanted to capture you and your kids. "You're right," You say turning back to face her, "It's just a simple walk,"

"Perfect, please have them come in tomorrow and everything should be solved." She thanked you for your time before she walked away, checking all her papers in her hands. Gritting your teeth, you headed straight for Haise's office.

Slamming the door open and shutting it, you walked straight to an open chair beside Haise before throwing yourself down on the chair with a scowl on your face. "I didn't expect you to visit me this soon," Haise joked, "Is something wrong?"

"This Konoha lady wants me to bring in Izuki and Chiaki to work tomorrow, to walk them through the ghoul detector." Your hands were massaging your temples as you sighed heavily. Haise looked over at you concerned, "But Chiaki is-"

"I know. I'll just layer him with clothing and hope that it doesn't go off," You respond as you let out another sigh, holding your hands together tightly.

-

"Why am I wearing so many clothes mommy?" Chiaki asked as you put a jacket on him, "It's so warm!" Izuki watched from beside Haise as Chiaki complained about being too warm. "I'm sorry, I just have to make sure you'll be okay."

"But why doesn't Izuki have to wear all of this?" Chiaki whines as he looks over at Izuki who shrugs back at him. "Okay, come on let's go now."

You felt bad for doing this to Chiaki but it was worth a shot. Holding his hand while you walked into the CCG building, Haise glanced over at you who looked completely scared and nervous. With his free hand, he reached out to grab your free hand and squeezed it, "We'll be okay."

"(L/N)-san! What a pleasure to have you and your children here today! Right this way!" Konoha exclaims as she walks the four of you over towards the front doors where the ghoul detectors were, "Okay sweetheart, all I need you to do is walk through this gate," She says to Izuki as he nods and slips through the gate with no complications.

"Perfect! Okay, you're next sunny!" Just as Chiaki was about to walk in, Konoha stopped him and told him to step back. "Could you please take off that jacket and sweater underneath please?"

Chiaki looks up at you who pursed your lips, bending down to take off his jacket and sweater. "Thank you very much," Konoha gestures Chiaki to walk through the detector with her case files and papers in her hands as she watches.

With a deep breath, Chiaki walks through the ghoul detectors all the way to the other side, without having the detector go off.

"Oh," Konoha's smile falters a bit as she watches Chiaki on the other side. "It seems that there was a mistake in the system last time I suppose," Konoha said with a forced chuckle as you told Chiaki and Izuki to come back.

"I'm glad that everything is solved, we should be on our way home so our kids could stay with their babysitter and Sasaki-san and I will be back shortly." Taking Chiaki's jacket and sweater and holding onto his small hand, you and Haise turned around to walk back.

Konoha clenched her hand on her case folder as she watched the four of you leave, "It won't be this easy, I know there's something you're hiding (L/N)-san.."