Chapter 38

IM TERRIBLEEEE, WHY CAN'T I GET A CHAPTER ON TIME, WHY

IM A BAD AUTHORRRRR

I AM SORRYYYY

-------------

"Mommy, you're finally back!" You heard your most favorite voices call out to you as you opened the door and stepped inside of your house. Izuki and Chiaki stood at the end of the hallway as they were beginning to run towards you with open arms. "We missed you!"

Gently getting down on your knees, your arms opened ready to catch them in your arms after being apart for what felt like forever. Just as they were about to make it past the hallway, the floor opened up and broke swallowing up your precious children.

You watched in slow motion as they fell under into the growing hole and you could feel your heart die as they screamed out for you in help and knowing you could do nothing to save them. "MOMMY!"

"IZUKI! CHIAKI, NO!"

Your eyes flashed opened as you let out a large and loud gasp. Your breathing was uneven and your heart raced as you looked up at the unfamiliar white ceiling. Sitting up, you covered your face in your hands and pulled your knees close to you as you tried to calm yourself down from the nightmare you had just had.

"(F/N), are you okay?" Turning to your left, you see Kaneki sitting down in a chair next to the bed, face filled with worry. Looking around, you start to notice that you were in a new location. "Kaneki.."

"You're okay, you're safe now." He took your hand and held it giving you a reassuring smile as you looked down at your hands before giving him a silent nod. "Did you get a nightmare?" He asks cautiously as you nod again.

"I dreamt that something had happened to Izuki and Chiaki, I was scared." Kaneki squeezed your hand and shook his head, "They're fine (F/N). Rest up a bit and I'll take you back home. You're still a little weary from all of what happened." You gave a nod and he smiled before getting up to leave the room.

"Where's Haise?"

Kaneki stopped his movements. You watched as his back faced you for what seemed like a couple minutes before he turned to look at you over his shoulder, "Haise's fine as well. Don't worry about him." He gave you a reassuring look as he turned back and walked away.

-

"Maman? Are you okay?" Saiko stood in the doorway of Haise's bedroom and she watched in worry as the young man shifted in the bundle of blankets on his bed. Shirazu popped up behind Saiko and stared at the bundle. "Sassan seriously, you need to get out of bed and be productive."

"I can't..." He groaned from underneath his burrito of blankets. "Are you really going to sit around like a baby?" Haise shifted around but didn't say anything which made Shirazu sigh in annoyance. "Would (L/N)-san be proud of you right now?" Haise stopped moving and quietly a 'no' was heard from the male.

"That's right, (L/N)-san would be disappointed in you right now. She thinks of you as a strong man who is capable of multiple things and right now you are not capable of anything." Saiko nodded at Shirazu's words and Mustuki waddled into the small group.

"(L/N)-san did not come all this way to say sorry and to be kidnapped and saved by Kaneki to have you lying on your butt all day doing nothing!" Shirazu exclaimed as Mutsuki let out a shocked gasp. "S-Shirazu! Don't bring that up!"

After a couple of silent minutes, Haise sat up with the blanket opening only showing his face and some messy strands of hair sticking out. "You're right, (F/N) wouldn't be happy seeing me like this. I'll come cook lunch in a bit."

Saiko's eyes sparkled when Haise stated that he would cook lunch; he is her favorite cook. Mutsuki watched as Saiko ran into her room with a squeal and he turned back towards Haise who stood up and walked toward the door still with the blanket draped around him. "Um Sasaki-san, you can't wear that blanket around. It won't help you."

"It makes me feel better though," Haise replied as he let the blanket fall off his head, showing his extremely messy bedhead, Mutsuki's eyes widened as Shirazu held in a laugh. Haise groaned and walked back to the bed, sliding his blanket off, "For (F/N)."

-

"Thank you for saving me and taking care of me Kaneki." You politely gave him a small bow as the two of you stood outside of your house in the 13th ward. "Of course, anything for you." You tightly smiled at him as the two of you stood across from each other.

"Kaneki?"

"Hmm?"

"Why are you still trying to win me over?" You asked looking up at him with curious but sad eyes. His grey hues searched your own with no emotion present but soon he let out a sigh and turned towards the soft breeze that blew in between his white locks. "Because I still love you."

"You need to let me go Kaneki, move on." You stepped forward desperate to help him from this string that held him onto you. Kaneki turned towards you with a sad smile, "I can't."

You gave him a sad and hurt face as he stepped forward and grabbed your small hands, smiling as he looked down at the pair. "I can't let you go." Leaning forward, he set a soft kiss onto your forehead and when he pulled away you looked up at him with worried eyes.

"I'll be okay (F/N), thank you for watching the kids like the great mother you are." A gentle smile made its way onto your lips as you nodded at him. "Will I get to see them one day?" He asked hopeful as you closed your eyes and let the breeze caress your cheeks. "We'll let the future decide for us."

As you bid Kaneki a final goodbye, you entered the house where Chiaki and Izuki ran right into your loving arms. you've never felt so relieved in your life to know that they were well and safe. Oba-chan welcomed you back and was also relieved to know that you were unharmed and safe.

"Oba-chan, may I borrow your phone for a minute, there's a phone call I have to make." She understood right away and handed her cell phone over as you dialed a number, waiting as the rings passed by.

"Hello?"

"Haise, it's me (F/N)," you could hear his gasp over the phone and he bombarded you with questions as your lips curved into a small smile. "I just wanted to let you know that I'm home and safe."

After a small conversation with Haise you gave Oba-chan her phone back and thanked her before smothering your children with more love. "I missed you munchkins so much. Sorry for scaring you like that, I didn't mean to."

"It's okay," Izuki replied as he gave you a soft hug. Feeling Someone tug on your shirt, you looked down and saw Chiaki with a curious look on his face. "Mommy?"

"Yes my little baby?"

"Was that man outside, daddy?"

Your expression didn't faze as you looked at Chiaki. He curiously looked at you and occasionally at the window when you finally closed your eyes and let out a deep breath before looking back at your youngest son with a pursed smile.

"Mhm, that was daddy."