Chapter 40

"W-what? Move in with you?" Your cheeks flared up as you looked down at your hands in your lap. This would be a big step in your relationship with Haise, but would it be worth it? "What about Izuki and Chiaki?"

"They'll come with of course!" Haise exclaimed. He looked over at you, biting his lip in anticipation for your answer. "I don't know Haise," you started, playing with your hands a bit. "How is it going to work for us?"

"You can come back and work in the CCG with me, we'll leave in the morning together, come back home together." Haise explained as you looked up at him with a hesitant face. "You won't be the only one supporting your family now, I'll do my share too."

"Are you sure? Haise, I don't want to become a burden," Haise reached over and grabbed your hands before leaning in to kiss your cheek. "You're the last thing that is going to be a burden to me." He smiles and kisses your forehead as a small smile makes its way on your lips. "Okay, we'll move in with you."

-

"Moving? Where?" Chiaki asked as you explained to the two boys that you were planning to move into a new home. "Well, with Sasaki-san." You informed as big smiles approached their small faces.

"We're going to live with Sasaki-san? Wow!" Chiaki cried as he jumped around and Izuki looked up at you with a shocked but excited face. "You excited Izuki?" You ask as you lightly pinch his cheeks. "I can't wait mom."

"Great," You leaned down and kiss his forehead, Chiaki pulling on your arm for your attention. "When are we going to move?" He asked as you sat down on the ground besides them. "Next month."

"What? Next month?" Chiaki whined as you looked over at him with a confused face. "I thought you wanted to move?" He nodded but with a frown, "I do, but a month is so far away." Izuki nodded at his brother's words and you let out a small chuckle. "We need to get everything ready first, to make sure everything is all okay for us."

"Are we going to go to school there?" Your eyes widened at the request and you looked over at Izuki, "Do you want to go to school sweetie?" He shrugged, a little confused about it himself. "I don't know, kinda?"

"If you really want to, I'll find a good school for you then okay?" Izuki nods at your request and the three of you spent the afternoon talking about ideas together.

The moon had come up, shining bright in the dark midnight sky. Izuki and Chiaki fast asleep as you were getting ready to head to sleep also until you had gotten a phone call from your lovely boyfriend.

"Hello?"

"I hope I didn't wake you up," You relax at his soft voice from the other side of the phone. You shook your head, even if he couldn't see him and you made yourself comfortable into the bed. "Just about to turn off the lights. What's keeping you awake?" You ask as you pull the blankets over you and turning off your lamp, the moonlight illuminating your room.

"Ah, just still at work. I just wanted to hear your voice so it would give me a reason to keep going." Your cheeks flushed at his flattering words, "Don't work too hard now mister. I want you to be safe and healthy okay?" You scold as he answers with a small 'yes yes'.

"So I told Chiaki and Izuki about moving," You start, curling a strand of hair around your finger. "What did they say?" Haise asks and you could hear his faint pen marks as he writes down notes at his desk.

"They're really excited, mostly because they're going to be living with you." You could hear Haise's chuckle and a smile forms unconsciously on your lips, "Wow, I'm flattered." Haise joked with a small chuckle that faded when you didn't respond, "(F/N)?"

"I love you Haise," Blush immediately spread along Haise's face and you could hear his breath hitch as you let out a small laugh, "thanks for being such a big part in their lives Haise, it means a lot to me."

"I love you too (F/N), anything for you. I'll let you get to sleep now, i'll see you soon." You bid each other goodnight before you end the call, setting your phone down and pulling the covers over your shoulders.

-

"Goodbye boys! Be good okay?" You exclaimed as you ran over to put your shoes on. They nodded and shout back as you waved goodbye before leaving the house to get to work on time. After Haise's call last night, you were feeling good, good about your future.

"Good morning (F/N)," Michiko greets as she hands you a folder at the front desk, "Good morning Michiko, anything new for me?" You ask as you opened the folder, skimming through the papers of work that you had to finish.

She shook her head at you with a smile and you thanked her, but just as you were about to leave for your office, she called for you. "Oh, (F/N) I almost forgot!" Turning around with the folder in your arms you look at her signaling for her to continue.

"Someone had dropped off flowers for you, I put them in your office for you. They're quite lovely." she states, folding her hands in her lap. "Thank you, they're probably from Haise again." You chuckle as you head up towards your office.

Humming gently, you opened the door and closed it gently behind you walking up to the small vase of flowers on the table in your office. You walked around the vase and they were very beautiful flowers indeed. "Oh another note,"

With gentle hands, you picked up the note and read the front of it; the hand writing a little different than the note from before. "To (F/N)," you read outloud to yourself before reading the rest, "Stay with me," Your face contorted with puzzlement until you looked down at the bottom of the note,

"From...Kaneki..."