Chapter 46

THE LATEST CHAPTER HAS ME SHOOK.

I'M SHOOKETH.

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?!

*SCREAMS*

On the other note, we're almost at 100k reads! Wow! Can you believe that! Thank you so much for reading and giving me and this book so much love!

New character introduced, but she's a made up character.

The book is getting quite long and I'm probably going to have to end it soon, i'm already making plans for the next couple of chapters leading towards the ending.

--------------------

Walking into the kitchen, Izuki rubbed his sleeves against his tired eyes as he looked up and saw you cooking breakfast, "Ah, Izuki, you're up! How was your sleep?" Shrugging, he walked towards you and gave you a hug before walking into the bathroom to freshen up for the day.

It felt as if yesterday night was just a crazy dream, yet Izuki knew what happened was nothing more than reality. Sighing, Izuki turned on the faucet and threw the running water on his face trying to relax a bit.

"Izuki, Juuzou-kun is here!" Lifting his face up from the towel he used to wipe his face with, Izuki frowned at the name. Leaving the bathroom, the young boy walked over to the door where Juuzou was waiting with a large smile, "Izuki!"

"Hey, about yesterday, sorry!" Juuzou says with a smile and with the clap of his hands, looking for Izuki to accept his apology. "I got tired of waiting and decided to go home instead, but on the bright side, you're still alive!"

Juuzou furrowed his brows at the male in front of him, "Juuzou, I don't think we can be friends anymore. I almost died because of you." Izuki states slightly angry. "Aww, come on don't be such a debbie downer!"

"I'm sorry Juuzou," Izuki closed the door gently, leaving Juuzou upset on the other side of the door. You walked over and raised a brow, "What happened?"

"I thought about it and realized you were right about Juuzou as a friend. It's too dangerous." You frowned at your boy's response. Walking toward him, you pushed his hair away from his face before giving him a small smile, "It's okay, you're still young. You'll make even better friends as you get older."

-

"Good job, keep going!" Ryouko cheered as she was helping Chiaki with his kagune. You thought it would be a good idea if Izuki had somewhat of an idea of using and controlling his kagune in case of emergencies, so you asked Ryouko to help him.

"You're a natural Chiaki, it looks like you've got the hang out this already!" Ryouko explains as she gives him a short clap as he smiles and looks behind his shoulder over at his kagune, "Thank you Fueguchi-san," Chiaki says with a smile.

You watched them with sweaty hands as you tried to calm yourself down, he was only still a baby but you were already making sure he would be able to fight and save himself if anything would happen.

Hinami sat beside you and explained to you that Chiaki and his kagune was functionally perfectly and that for such a young kid himself to be able to use his kagune so well was very surprising.

Back at home, Haise worked at home and watched Izuki while you and Chiaki were out. Haise hummed quietly to himself as he organized his work and filled out papers while Izuki sat in the chair beside him reading a book.

Hearing the doorbell ring, Izuki excused himself and opened the door only to find his quinque that Juuzou had given him, a note attached,

'Don't loose this! It's your only way of staying safe! - Juuzou'

Izuki grabbed the quinque and looked around and saw no one. Taking a step back, he closed the door and hid the quinque in his room before returning back to Haise who had put on his circular frames, "Who was it?"

"Oh, it was just Juuzou stopping by."

-

"Still looking over the security tapes Konoha?" Looking up at her fellow investigator, she gave him a sheepish smile before looking back at the videos, "It's my job, there could be ghouls lurking around that we don't know about."

"Don't you get tired of it at all?" Shaking her head, her eyes gaze over all the details in the videos trying to catch the smallest things that seem out of place, "Not really, there's a lot that goes into this. After all, I have caught three ghouls from watching these tapes."

"What? Seriously?" Konoha laughs and moves the mouse around zooming in and clicking files to find different pieces of information on investigators, "There would be something different that catches my eye and I'd find all the information I can about it, it's pretty simple once you're on my level."

"Masumi-chan! Would you like to join me on a lunch break at the cafe down the road?" Another investigator asks popping into Konoha's room. Shaking her head politely Konoha looks at the female, "Sorry, I need to go over these tapes just in case. You go on ahead."

"Aww, alright then. Good luck on your work!" she exclaims before skipping off to join her other friends. "Wow, you're really dedicated to this," the investigator says as Konoha hums before clicking on the next tape.

Clicking play, the video shows Akira with two young children following her back, "Why is Akira with two children?" Konoha asks her fellow worker as he leans in to look at the video, "Oh, that was the day of the earthquake. Those were Sasaki's girlfriend's children that he asked her to look over as he went to go look for his girlfriend." He informs as Konoha looks up a file on Haise.

As the video continues to play, she focuses on Haise's files and she does know that he is part ghoul, but since he works with the Quinx, they don't detain him. The ghoul detectors in the video goes off and Konoha shoots her head over to look back at the video, one of the younger boys had set off the detector.

"What's Sasaki's partner's name?" Konoha asks as she begins typing away and looking through files, "(L/N) (F/N), I believe." Nodding, she inputs the information and finds a file about you and looks through all of the given information.

"It seems that she had been in a marriage before, they must be kids from her previous partner. But it still doesn't make sense that the detectors would go off, she's human so her children are human as well." Konoha sighs as she leans back in her chair trying to think of solutions.

"Do you know anything about her previous partner?" Konoha questions, but the fellow investigator shakes his head, "I'm not sure anybody knows anything about her previous partner."

Pulling out a new folder, Konoha opened a fresh permanent marker before writing on it before printing out multiple papers on you and Haise and photos from the video, stuffing them inside the folder. "What are you doing Konoha?" Handing the folder over to her investigator to look at, reading the case name - (L/N) (F/N) Case

"Making a new case, I want to get to the bottom of it just to make sure I won't be missing on any valuable information. I'll start this case alone by myself and ask (L/N)-san a few questions before asking her to bring her children in again to go through the ghoul detectors so we can see what the problem is up close." Konoha explains as she takes the folder back before setting it aside on her desk, continuing to review the videos.

"I have a feeling about this one."