Chapter 11

Sorry for the late update! I couldn't find the laptop I usually write on and I was stressed from school. Updates should come back to normal (hopefully). Thank you for being patient!

--------------------

"Izuki? I'm going to the farmers market to get us some vegetables. Watch over Chiaki okay? Since I'm staying home today and tomorrow, Hinami isn't going to be here." You state as you grabbed your purse from the kitchen table.

"Okay." He responded as he watched you put your shoes on. "Have a safe trip." You smiled and waved goodbye to him before you stepped out the door and closed the door behind you.

It was a nice and sunny day outside, you wish you could take Izuki and Chiaki but you didn't want to risk anything. Turning the corner you walked down a small hill and toward the small farmer's market where you get your fresh produce for you and the kids.

"Ah, good morning (F/N)-chan~" Takara, a very sweet grandma that sells produce said as you looked around for produce. You gave her a smile, "Good morning Takara-san."

"How are the kids? Growing up fast?" You let out a small laugh and nodded. "Too fast. I'll take these." Handing her the correct amount of yen, she bagged your produce and bid you goodbye as you thanked her and left to look for other items.

Walking through the market, you glanced at the fruits, vegetables and even the small families that walked happily around. It was quite cute. As you were walking around you noticed a familiar face from the corner of your eyes.

Turning your head to look at them, you froze in your spot as you processed who it was.

"Kaneki.."

Quickly turning on your heel, you carefully made your way out of the farmers market. Turning your head as you walked away, you made eye contact with him and he opened his mouth in shock before he softly pushed people out of the way to catch you.

"Shit!" Starting into a run, you turned multiple corners to try to get away from Kaneki. Your heart was racing quickly as you grabbed your phone from your purse holding it in your hand incase he were to do something to you.

"(F/N)!" Turning around, you see Kaneki jogging toward you. Dialing a number you began running again as you held your phone tightly to your ear.

"Hello?"

"Haise! Where are you?!" You quietly yelled as you turned a corner. "I'm at the CCG office, why? Are you okay?"

"Haise, I'm scared! He's chasing me! Kaneki's following me!" Haise could tell how frightened you were by how shaky your voice was. "A-Alright, just keep running. I'll find you don't worry, I'm coming now."

Haise ended the call and immediately left the building to come find you. You put your phone away and ran into a small opening by some bushes to try to hide from Kaneki. You crouched down and waited for Kaneki to pass.

Your breath hitched as you saw him run by yelling your name. After a few minutes you got up and ran the other direction as he did to avoid him.

As you ran and turned the corner, you ran into a person and they grabbed you tightly causing you to scream.

"(F/N)! It's me!" Looking up at the person, it was Haise and you buried your face into his chest. "Y-You scared me.."

"Sorry, sorry! I didn't think you were going to run into me like that." He replied as he gave you a small smile. "Come on, let's go to your place. Izuki and Chiaki must be waiting for you."

~Kaneki's P.O.V~

"Did you see her today?" They asked as I walked through the doorway. "Yeah, I did."

"Hmm, I guess it didn't work. Whatever you were doing." They chuckled as they took a seat by the window. "It's not surprising though, you should know that."

"I don't know what to do anymore. I can't get her to trust me anymore." I walked toward a seat and let out a sigh. "I'm trying.."

"You're just scaring her. You said it yourself, you want to get her trust back so she can talk to you." They got up from their seat and stood in front of me. "So, all you have to do is find a way for her to trust you."

They let out a small chuckle as they walked away. I turned to glance at them, a puzzled look on my face.

-

"You're back mommy! I missed you!" Chiaki exclaimed as he ran and hugged your legs. You smiled and lifted him onto your waist, giving him a kiss on the cheek. "I missed you too sweetheart."

"Oh, you're here too Sasaki-san!" Haise smiled and nodded. "I must be getting back to work. Now that I know you're safe, I can work in relief."

"Oh Haise! I forgot you had work, I'm so sorry!" You respond as you lifted a hand to your face. "It's my fault!"

"No, no! Don't worry, I asked for a break early. I'll be fine. Call me if you need anything alright? See you soon!" Haise gave you a smile before he left your small apartment. You closed the door and locked it as you placed Chaiki back on the ground.

"Did you eat yet?" You asked as you placed your produce in the fridge. "Yep, Izuki made me some noodles." You smiled at him and walked into the living room to enjoy the rest of the day with your two boys, to get your mind off things.

-

"Associate Special Class Sasaki Haise..with a girl, interesting."

"It wouldn't hurt to approach her without him there with her, would it?"

"Not at all, in fact, let's go approach to her tomorrow. We need to know more about her anyways."

"You're right, this is going to be fun~"