Chapter 37

ANOTHER LATE CHAPTER, NOOO

Well, I was going to write a chapter on time but I think I got distracted by singing all these anime songs, sorry. 

I've been kinda stressed with school because I'm not the smartest person and my mind is always thinking of different stories and daydreaming so I never pay attention.

I always say this but thank you guys for being so patient with me <3 I can't thank you enough.

MESSY CHAPTER AHEAD

---------------

"Here's your meal princess." Deguchi plopped down a plate of rice in front of you as you glanced at it before turning away. "What's wrong? You should be thankful I'm actually feeding you." Glancing at him, you quickly looked away and folded your arms, "Not hungry."

He smiled devilishly at you before he tossed the plate at you, the rice spilling out onto your bare skin as Deguchi grabbed your neck and pushed you back against the wall as his face came extremely close to yours. Your breath hitched and your hands shot up to grab at his wrists.

"I can kill you within a second if I wanted to," He started as his grip on your throat became tighter. "Don't make me angry you little doll." He threw you on the floor while you took a large breath of air, trying to steady it. You threw a glare at him as he chuckled and walked away, shutting the door on his way out.

Your hands slowly made their way to your neck where you ran your hands over the burning sensations still left behind. Warm tears fell down your cheeks as you picked at the clean pieces of rice before stuffing them into your mouth, waiting until the day you were free again.

-

"There it is."

Kaneki hid behind a wall listening to the two ghouls discussing amongst themselves and it seemed that they were talking about you. He had to wait until they had let down their guard before he could go in and attack them without drawing attention to other ghouls.

"He's kept her down there for quite a while now, I heard he grabbed her by the neck when she made him mad." Kaneki's brows furrowed when he heard that; anybody who hurt you would have to pay for it. "Who knows if he's going to do anything more."

Kaneki quickly jumped out at them and quietly got rid of them with his kagune as he opened the door they were guarding and slipped inside ready to save you from this disaster. It was dark and quiet with faded mummers as he slipped through trying to find his way towards you.

But, he didn't know Haise was also on his way to save you.

After what had seemed like forever, Haise had found Deguchi's hideout where you had been kept captive. From what he observed, there seemed to be quite a few ghouls lurking around the area, but they were all working for Deguchi.

Luckily for Haise, they all became distracted when they noticed something suspicious a few feet ahead which led them to leave their designated areas. Haise cautiously entered through an open window and began searching for you.

Unfortunately, the building was quite large so Haise had to be quick with the time he had. "Somebody's coming," Haise said quietly as he hid behind multiple boxes as he waited for the two ghouls to pass. "Yeah, he's keeping her in the basement all locked up." Haise looked around for a couple of minutes until the coast was clear and he knew he had to head for the basement where you were kept.

"Eyepatch is in the building! I repeat eyepatch is in the building!" Haise's eyes widened, Kaneki was also here ready to take you. Furious, Haise had no time to hesitate as he ran into the halls and tried to find his way to the basement. "Huh? That's Associates Special Class Sasaki Haise! Catch him!" Haise activated his kagune and made sure nobody would get in his way in saving you, it was his job as your boyfriend to keep you safe and if he can't keep you safe, what kind of boyfriend would he be?

As you sat on the floor, you heard all kinds of commotion from up above you. "Eyepatch is here! Special class Sasaki is here!" Your heart began beating quickly as you heard that both of them came to your rescue, but you also knew that if the both of them had run into each other, things would not end well.

The door to the basement slammed open and you saw Deguchi trudge towards you as he took your wrists and pulled you up onto your feet. "It seems that your saviors are here. I think it's time we take our leave." Planting your feet on the ground, you tried to escape his grip but he wasn't having it. "Let me go!" You screamed as he threw a punch at your cheek which made you fall back onto the ground.

Your head span as you felt yourself slowly black out no matter how much you tried to stay awake. He grabbed your body and slung it over his shoulder, "I told you not to mess with me." Turning around, Deguchi's eyes widened as he ran into Kaneki who had activated his Kagune.

Kaneki's eyes glanced over at you slung over his shoulder and he didn't hesitate to use his kagune on him. Kaneki's kagune pierced Deguchi's other shoulder making him fall back and dropping you onto the floor where you curled onto your side. "I won't allow you to get away with hurting (F/N), you hear me?" Kaneki spat as he plunged a kagune into Deguchi's side.

Kaneki walked towards you and picked you up bridal style as he stared at your slowly bruising cheek. His hand slowly caressed it as he frowned at himself, not being able to find you quicker. Looking over at Deguchi, he decided to leave him for dead as Kaneki used his kagune to shatter the window before walking towards it with you in his arms.

"(F/N)!" Halting, Kaneki looked over his shoulder to find a panting Haise looking at them with wide eyes. "You're too late Haise." Kaneki replied with a smug tone as he flew out the window. "Damn it!" Haise yelled chasing after you.

Kaneki held you tightly as he jumped from building to building trying to lose Haise who was on his tail, not giving up to take you away from Kaneki. "Give her to me Kaneki!" Haise yelled as Kaneki payed no heed to him.

Using his kagune, Haise shot it right in front of Kaneki startling him because it had almost hit you. "(F/N)!" Kaneki screamed as you slipped from his grip and fell out of his hands, free falling from the top of a tall building.

Haise quickly jumped down from the building and caught in before Kaneki could have. Holding you tight, Haise jumped down further until he had touched the streets and ran away while Kaneki was jumping from building to building trying to catch up to Haise.

Kaneki had the lead in front of Haise and he quickly jumped down right in front of Haise causing him to stop in his tracks. "Hand her over Haise."

"She doesn't belong to you Kaneki." Haise shot back as he looked over at Kaneki who still had his mask on. "I was the one who saved her." Haise's grip on you tightened as he felt you shift in his arms. "I could have saved her even if you weren't there."

Kaneki shot his kagune toward Haise but with his good reflexes, he was able to deflect Kaneki's movements. "Hand her over." Kaneki stated once again, but Haise didn't budge. Kaneki pulled down his mask and raised his kagunes ready to attack as Haise brought his kagunes around to defend himself and you.

Haise quickly jumped back and propelled himself from the building until he landed on the roof of one, away from Kaneki's view. Sighing to himself he looked down at you where you still laid, slowly waking back up. Suddenly, four kagunes shot themselves down around Haise, caging him while his guard was down.

Haise looked over his shoulder and saw Kaneki walking towards him where he took you from Haise's arms while he caged Haise. "Kaneki, give her back!" Haise yelled as Kaneki looked over at him from behind his shoulder.

"Sasaki-san!" Haise heard a faint call and turning his head, he saw the Quinx running toward him. Kaneki deactivated his kagune around Haise and escaped with you in his arms. Just as Haise was about to run after you, Shirazu, Mutsuki and Saiko held him back. "What are you guys doing! He took (F/N)!"

"Sassan, it's best you leave this to (F/N)." Shirazu said to Haise with a sad but strong tone as Haise looked at him desperate to save you. "Sasaki-san, don't make this harder for yourself." Mutsuki replied as Haise let out a frustrated puff of air.

"I couldn't save her."