Chapter 14

Subtle wind blew Haise's multicolored hair as he leaned his back against a building, waiting to meet up with somebody. As he heard footsteps approaching him, he looked up and saw the person he wanted to meet.

"Hope you weren't waiting too long." Haise smiled and shook his head at them as he stepped away from the building. "Glad you could make it Kaneki-san."

"I'm assuming this is about (F/N)-chan?" Kaneki asked as Haise nodded his head at the white haired male. "Correct. I want to talk to you about what you think you have going on with her."

Kaneki chuckled and looked down at the floor before glancing up at Haise through his flashes. "As you may know, I am her husband."

"Ex-husband, Kaneki. Ex. If i'm correct, she doesn't have any romantic feelings toward you." Kaneki grunted as he crossed his arms and Haise's lips curved into a slug smile. "(F/N) might not, but I still have a chance of bringing those feelings back."

Haise was starting to get frustrated at this point. He didn't want to be selfish and keep you all to himself, but he did. He absolutely adored you. Not to mention he loves your kids just as much too.

"But (F/N) would never take you back, not after what you've done to her." Having enough of this talk, Haise turned on his heel and began to walk back to the CCG building. "What makes you think she'll take you?"

Haise stopped in his track and he turned his head to look back at Kaneki. A smug smile made its way onto Kaneki's face as he knew he had Haise there. "What makes you think you've won her heart? Have you even won her heart? Has she even told you how she felt about you?"

"Even if I haven't, I have a better shot at winning her heart than you do. Have a nice day Kaneki." Haise continued to walk away as Kaneki watched him leave. Tension began to build up between the two of them, a war was starting.

-

"Hey Chiaki, feeling better?" You asked as he walked over to you and sat down in your lap. "Yep, thank you mommy." You turned him around and squeezed his cheeks, showering him in kisses. "You're very welcome cutie pie."

"You're not going to work today?" Izuki walked down the hallway into the living room and sat down next to you. "Not today, it's my break day."

It was quiet in the apartment, even though Chiaki and Izuki don't have a lot of toys or even if they didn't have the latest kids stuff, they were completely content with how they were living. You were blessed with the greatest kids ever.

"So you know I've been working extra hard and I've been saving a lot of money so we could go on a small vacation together. What do you boys think?" Chiaki and Izuki looked up at you in shock before they looked back at each other.

"Yeah! That would be so cool!" Chiaki exclaimed as he hugged you tightly. "Where are we going to go?" Izuki asked with bright eyes.

"Maybe we could go to a really nice onsen (japanese hot spring)? We could stay in the small hotel provided for us too." You suggested hoping for a good reply from the boys.

"Wow! A real onsen?! Izuki! A real onsen!" Chiaki jumped off your lap and hugged his brother tightly as Izuki laughed along with him in excitement.

"I guess onsen it is then! We can go for three days, I'll go to work tomorrow and see what days I can take off. Let me get dinner ready for us." As you stood up, Chiaki grabbed your hand. "What's wrong Chiaki?"

"Is Sasaki-san coming too?" Your eyes widened as you blinked at the young male. "Did you want Sasaki-san to come with us?"

"Well, onsens are places where people relax! And I don't think Sasaki-san has relaxed yet, since he works a lot and he helps you a lot." You chuckled at his words and smiled at the adorable little boy.

"Y-yeah and if he comes, he can help you watch us. So it doesn't have to be so much work on you." Izuki added as he played with his fingers. You kissed the two boys on the forehead and nodded. "I'll ask Sasaki-san if he wants to join us on our vacation then."

"Yes!" Chiaki cried as he stood up and jumped around. "Wow, you really like Sasaki-san." You state as you open the fridge to take out a packet of beef and vegetables. "Sasaki-san is really nice to me and Izuki, I really like him!"

"Sasaki-san coming over has really impacted the two of you then huh? Now get yourself ready for dinner, it should be ready in 15 minutes."

"Okay!"

-

"Onsen?" Haise repeated and you nodded. Haise and you decided to share your lunch break together to talk about life and that's when you decided to ask him if he wanted to come along. "The boys really want you to come along, I don't want to use your off days for work though and if you're busy you don't have-"

"I-I'll come!" Haise blurted with rosy cheeks. "I'll come along." He gave you a smile and you nodded. "Great, tell me what days you can take off and we can work with the days we have. I'll tell the boys and we can begin to plan what we can do while we're there."

Haise nodded and was filled with excitement. It was the perfect opportunity to get closer to you -since he has a major major crush on you. He honestly felt apart of the family, he even kinda felt as if he could be Chiaki and Izuki's dad.

Haise shook off the feeling knowing he was too ahead of himself. If he really wanted to be apart of the family, he'd have to put you first. It wouldn't be hard though since you are always the highlight of his day.

When Haise got home to the Quinx Squad, he proceeded to tell the squad all about the vacation he was going to go on with you. They couldn't get mad at him because he was so happy and excited, like a small kid.